Starter question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does the starter and solenoid come as one unit or are they separate? They guy at the auto parts store can't say for sure
If you are buying new or re-manufactured, they come together.

The solenoid section for the 2.0kW starter is still available from Toyota as a separate part or you can purchase a "rebuild kit" for about the same cost. However, that kit is basically just the contacts and plunger, no bearings for the OSGR section or for the armature, and no brushes either. Rebuilding your original starter is often a better route compared to a generic Made in ??Chynna remanufactured starter.
FWIW.

Is the starter for the 3fe the same for other years?

Update... Got a reman starter. Began removing the old one. First thing, after disconnecting the battery, was take off the main connector. When I put the socket on it and tugged slightly, the entire thing moved.
Lucky for me, it was a loose connection. The nut behind the assembly was loose, making it not connect good at all.
So.. I'll keep the new starter for a week or so and if it doesn't fail me once, I'll take the new one back and get my money back👍

Update... Got a reman starter. Began removing the old one. First thing, after disconnecting the battery, was take off the main connector. When I put the socket on it and tugged slightly, the entire thing moved.
Lucky for me, it was a loose connection. The nut behind the assembly was loose, making it not connect good at all.
So.. I'll keep the new starter for a week or so and if it doesn't fail me once, I'll take the new one back and get my money back👍

I'd be more inclined to replace with the reman, keep the old one and rebuild for a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom