Starter motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Apr 23, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
5
Location
Perth
Hi all,

Trying to track down a problem on my 100 series 2uZ. After doing some 4wd’ing with some water crossings I’ve been having a problem with the car turning on. I turn the key and get a click or sometimes I turn the key get a slight delay and then the car fires. I have replaced positive battery terminal and the battery and also cleaned the main earth. Still not fixed it. Could it be the starter motor? Any help appreciated.

Thanks
 
If connecting a second battery fixes the issue, you have a low-voltage/amperage problem. Does this only occur after the vehicle has been sitting for a while? If so, you likely have a parasitic drain somewhere in the system.
 
Back
Top Bottom