SST for tightening on FF rear hub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, while we're at it, what's the size and thread of the bolts that are used to pull the sealed axle flange away from the hub body in the case it doesn't just pop off with a couple of brass drift smacks.

-Ferg-

Ben,

If you ar refering to the threaded holes in the rotor they are 8x1.25mm.

D-

Hmmm. Is there not two extra holes (that are threaded) in 80 series rear axle shaft flanges? there are the 6 tapered holes for the threaded studs and 4 smaller holes, two of which are for the smaller studs and two of which are threaded to assist in removal...? Like in the pic. Two of the smaller four holes in mine are threaded.

On a side not, on my 60 I don't have discs but drums, is the same 8x1.25mm thread used in my drums you think?

-Ferg-

Edit: Whoops, forgot the pic...

Riley, don't you have faith in my fabrication skills? Remember the index ring seater v. 2.0?

Ben,

The 2 "smooth" holes index with dowel pins in the hub. The threaded ones are used to assist in removall of the shaft. ;)

D-

Simon, I have total faith. If you build it, I will follow.

I haven't researched this rear axle task nearly enough, I'm having a little trouble following. ???

Riley

Mine works fine. I would have bought the real Toy one but I spent two days calling the dealer then bringing in the FSM with no luck. Went to NAPA for S's & G's and ordered one up. This was pre list and Cdan :)

Lag,

Better to know me now than never ;)

Ben, yup. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom