SS TSL 32 x 10.50 or BFG 33 x 10.50 Muds?

TSL or BFG

• TSL

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • BFG

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
Which one would you choose. Going on a FJ40 with 4" lift. Non-cut fenders. I have installed the TSL's on my previous rig, but am contemplating a change. My guess is the BFG's ride alot better?

Any real world opinions would be great.

Thanks
bfg-49617.jpg
ict-sam-55r_w.jpg

Anything but TSLs' especially if you plan to ride the streets. Even a little. I bought mine cause they looked cool and were a little cheaper than others. I now have GoodYear MTRs' 33-12.5. They are a much better ride, and more stable on rock. I think that tsls' are for trailered mud rigs.

while i think 32 is too small for a 4" lift, i voted tsl because until bfg gets rid of the "rim protector", they are crap! when you air down, that stupid little lip becomes a scoop for all kinds of dirt/ice/crap/whatever and the next thing you know, you've lost your bead seal and you've got a flat. i used to love bfgs on my daily driver until i ran into that issue. haven't (and won't) bought them since.:mad:

duel

Hey

many a thread on tires just wondering if Pro comp do not exist south of the border. pretty sure they do... have 2 different style on 2 different rigs very nice tires i.e. look cool, very nice ride, very good dependability, and work like they are supposed to. i vote no for both had bf on a ford diesel never again, and tsl well i challenge to a duel. :popcorn: my pro comp vs ur tsl.:steer:

I’m extremely pleased with my TSL radials. They are great on and off road. I’m sure they are louder than BFGs but they stay round at higher speeds. I have made a couple of trips that are over 200 miles each way. I have had no problems running 65mph on the interstate.

I have 31x9.50 TSLs and love them. I drive a lot on the highway and they ride great. Due to the noise of the cruiser itself, I've never even heard the tires. I really expected to be trading some of the on road characteristics for having 'cool' looking tires, but I never even think twice of it while driving. Also, just locked all four up the other day trying to catch a questionable yellow light and, boy did they scream! Everybody around me laughed and gave me a bunch of 'thumbs up'. Go for the TSLs....definitely.

-Steve

I buy tsl ltb 33x13.5 in crawler pro comp 10" ... without lift....

Even I do not mount them, do not believe that it is going to have problems, but the tire is very aggressive
I prefer the TSL ... depending on the area in which you circulate more

I have 31x9.50 TSLs and love them. I drive a lot on the highway and they ride great.

I'm guessing you've got radials? The 32x10.5 doesn't come in a radial. I think you can get 33x10.5s though. I like mine ok too. They're tough to keep balanced, IMO.

Hey

many a thread on tires just wondering if Pro comp do not exist south of the border. pretty sure they do... have 2 different style on 2 different rigs very nice tires i.e. look cool, very nice ride, very good dependability, and work like they are supposed to. i vote no for both had bf on a ford diesel never again, and tsl well i challenge to a duel. :popcorn: my pro comp vs ur tsl.:steer:
I have the x-treme m/t and its a decent tire off road and does pretty good on road. Expensive though:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom