Squamish Valley FSR - Cruisin' the backroads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took the 42 on a little adventure this past weekend. There is a branch FSR from the Squamish Valley FSR that I saw on google maps; I've been wanting to check it out for some time. I've been looking for a new route to Mt. Cayley and was hoping this FSR would take me to a better starting point. I didn't get to the very end of the road; started to hit snow and got very steep. I was by myself and didn't want to risk it. According to my GPS, I hit about 4000ft above sea level. Camped out at 3500ft.

I ended up turning around and found a place to setup camp. My brother in law helped me build a sleeping platform for the back during the Easter long weekend; so I have been itching to try it out. I would prefer if it was a tad lower; but wanted to keep the passenger seat in. I can always lower it if I decide to take the seat out every time.

Panorama shot of Mt. Cayley and the Squamish Valley by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

Up on the FSR 2 by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

Up on the FSR 1 by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

1982 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

BJ42 - Gear and sleeping setup 1 by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

BJ42 - Gear and sleeping setup 2 by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

Squamish Valley by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

Camping Spot by Tanner Kindred, on Flickr

I'm going to give it a few more weeks then head back up there and try and reach the end.

Nice pictures.

nice.:cheers:

on the third or seventh pic, there have seen a goat herd on the ridge to your right or around there anyway. there is route to the alpine around there as well.

Beautiful! Looks like a good trip. Nice pictures. J

Great pictures; glad you're putting that 42 to good use. Vern would be proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom