spy shots of classic Toyotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Australia or Costa Rica?

He mentioned Rocky Point QLD in Phil's Mexico thread. Makes sense don't think there are as many new cruiser in Costa Rica. Plus LHD not RHD. Was hoping he might be heading to Melbourne, Victoria, have a package need to get state side. Might a little big for the overhead. Think it weights three hundred pounds at least. But Steve's a strong guy sure he would have no problem lifting it into the overhead.

Oz. It's winter here so a little cool.

John, I haven't been any further south than Sydney. I'm hoping to get to a Toyota dealer today to see if I can shove an HZJ 79 in to my luggage

Last edited:
Oz. It's winter here so a little cool.

John, I haven't been any further south than Sydney. I'm hoping to get to a Toyota dealer today to see if I can shove an HZJ 79 in to my luggage
One country I would like to visit. Only problem is my wife and I wouldn't agree on what to do. My idea of sightseeing is looking what I could fill a container with. Going alone would never be allowed for the same reason. I would be content filling it what is legal to import. We missed so much by the time I got caught up the new ones would be legal import.:rolleyes:

Wish we could buy a new Landcruiser double cab diesel, drive it around Oz for a month or two then ship it home as our personal vehicle. Damn government kills these dream machines for 25 years.

I blame Toyota first because it their choice to not import any of these cruisers. Think back in the sixties Toyota was the little guy and the big three was able to influence the government to have them stop importing the 4X4 truck. But in 79 instead of bringing back the Land Cruiser they imported the mini truck. Granted they have done well and have owned that market since. 2006 we got the FJ Cruiser when so many would rather have the 70 series. Think they underestimate the number of people who either owned a FJ40 or rode in a friend's. All you have to do is driver around in one and people have a story about one from this youth (think some are still living their youth:rolleyes:). They even underestimate the sales of the FJ Cruiser.

Chatted with these guys today. Security is because US Secretary of State is in town but the police were very accommodating and let me get inside the specially equipped Riot Squad version but no inside pictures. Big running boards so they can have 4 officers hanging on outside while moving through an area.

I did have a moment for pause when I saw the dash cam running and thought they were just being kind while running my photo through a database....naaa who am I kidding.
IMG_1055.JPG

Bonus, two classics in one shot
What year mr2, 91?

Last edited:
I know...there is something about the glare in the service drive. I can never take a clear picture from any angle when I am in the drive...I wonder why?

Late 80s supra truckster :eek:

00909_8poOCSfXDWf_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_jtbIa22sQrg_1200x900.jpg

I know...there is something about the glare in the service drive. I can never take a clear picture from any angle when I am in the drive...I wonder why?

All that light coming in from the side, maybe? It's no big deal just kidding. Love the pics keep 'em coming!

All that light coming in from the side, maybe? It's no big deal just kidding. Love the pics keep 'em coming!

I was thinking if he just walked to the far side so the light was coming from behind him would solve the problem. That may have to wait until winter when it's not like a oven during the day and idea of taking more then a few steps out of the air conditioning isn't so scary.

FJ60 love....brown one has only 98K! don't see that very often ~

0908170738.jpg
0908170738a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom