Spike. 1965 FJ45 LWB Survivor from an Arizona hill side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready to pull engine for rebuild. Only has 44k original miles but previous owner said it had a knock. Find that strange because he drove if for 5k with the knock. Probably just a washer or the like rattling around. No matter I am going to go through it just to be sure. It has been sitting for 8 years.

Will be going back all stock with carburetor change also back to stock. I have some questions.

**One heater line coming out of firewall goes to top of head passenger side which I believe is correct. Other line comes out runs along spark plugs and just hangs with a shut off valve. How is it supposed to be? Picture below.

**Is the radiator the same size as an FJ40? If so I will get a new one. If not I will have this one tested and hopefully flushed and repaired.

**Finally I had a few beers, bit the bullet, and removed the stupid radio that was cut into dash, Argh! Anyone have a section of dash I can weld in? I just can't live with the hole. Will have to do the same to holes cut in doors for speakers.

I appreciate all advice and responses!

View attachment 3122806

View attachment 3122808

View attachment 3122809

View attachment 3122810

View attachment 3122813
Your dangling heater line connects to the bypass hose fitting - blanked off on this NOS OE one -

Screenshot_20220924-212905_Photos.jpg

Unfortunately, you have a later pump which angles the inlet to the rear instead of straight out -

Screenshot_20220924-213126_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-213724_Photos.jpg

@locklaw Thank you. new pump pictured came with the project. Will this work for the heater line.
Box it came in says part #16100-60011 Hand written on box 59-1966
Looks like I am still missing a port

AB7717F4-61AB-4FF9-A351-1E4A025F1B11.jpeg

@locklaw Thank you. new pump pictured came with the project. Will this work for the heater line.
Box it came in says part #16100-60011 Hand written on box 59-1966
Looks like I am still missing a port

View attachment 3122915

You lucky duck, nice score on finding that water pump! That dangling fitting should fit in that open port on the pump. You'll also need a longer style down pipe. The pump in that previous post has the port plugged because some had the heater line running to the downpipe that I mentioned.

The only thing the reproduction headache racks don't have are the little hooks on the top. If I can find one and get a drawing I will try and have the hook made. The rack will have to be welded together something I will need to source. I am not a welder.

If you run a ham radio you might want to weld a mount on now before paint. Simple idea, eventually I'll get a correct headache rack.

1669042331331111457834653062262.jpg

Yes, out of the country currently. If I don’t remember ping me around the 15th.
Hey Wade,
Can you share that gas tank part number? Mine started leaking yesterday. Thanks!

Starting the main disassembly. Doors are the cleanest I have seen on any Land Cruiser. Usually under weather stripping is rusty. This one has virtually none.
However, don't think the weather stripping can be used again....

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

IMG_2195.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

We're doing the same work on our 45 cabs. Just put in new window rubber all the way around, door weatherstripping, window weatherstripping and felts, and rebuilt the heater. You're doing a lot more in the engine bay, but you'll get it all together. No problemo.

We're doing the same work on our 45 cabs. Just put in new window rubber all the way around, door weatherstripping, window weatherstripping and felts, and rebuilt the heater. You're doing a lot more in the engine bay, but you'll get it all together. No problemo.
Well that brings up a question I have. Are the weatherstripping is for the doors the same as 69 and up FJ40’s? I assume so. Also, where did you get your weatherstripping for the back windows as they are small? Thank you.

I believe all the door weatherstripping is the same. At least I ordered FJ40 door weatherstripping, used it, and it fit fine. The window rubber seals were from sor.

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom