speedo gear missing?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, my speedo stopped working and chase it down to a missing gear inside the T-case. Not the removable pin gear but the gear that the removable sits into on the shaft.

Does anyone know if is plastic or metal and can someone please post a diagram showing the shaft with the gear on there. Part number or pic of it would also help.

Much appreciated.

The gear on the output shaft is steel and I doubt that it just now went away. I could imagine someone putting a spacer in it's place and leaving it out, but they don't just disappear. I'll see if I can take a photo of one.

Found a photo from Coolerman.

IMG_0687.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. The drive gear would not disappear if previously working. The nylon on the "driven" gear can wear off, with the same results.

The gear on the output shaft is steel and I doubt that it just now went away. I could imagine someone putting a spacer in it's place and leaving it out, but they don't just disappear. I'll see if I can take a photo of one.

Found a photo from Coolerman.

IMG_0687.jpg
Thanks for the pic, guess i will get under and tear it down to have a better look and compare this pic with what i have. Cheers

As Reddingcruiser noted, look at the plastic driven gear. The plastic teeth can go away. :( Or maybe the clamp bolt and plate are missing and the driven assembly has backed-out of it's bore.

upload_2015-10-12_15-10-40.png

As Reddingcruiser noted, look at the plastic driven gear. The plastic teeth can go away. :( Or maybe the clamp bolt and plate are missing and the driven assembly has backed-out of it's bore.

View attachment 1146181

Done that one before, wish that was it. I know its missing off the shaft because i stuck my finger in the hole and it was smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom