Speedo cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Speedometer question i have a 1971 fj 40 with a 1974 engine and 4sp trans. What cable will i need. I know different connections to. Cluster but are they all same connection to trans ?? The one that is on the clusternow appears to be too short. If i get later one it not fit cluster. Anyone out there have ine that will work got this application thanks

The connection on the '71 speedometer is some kinda screw in, while on a '74 it uses a plastic clip on the cable.
I wouldn't know about any differences between them at the transfer case.
When I was looking for one at specter, CCOT and cruiser corp they mostly listed the lengths of the cables. So take your old one off and measure it.

Speedometer question i have a 1971 fj 40 with a 1974 engine and 4sp trans. What cable will i need. I know different connections to. Cluster but are they all same connection to trans ?? The one that is on the clusternow appears to be too short. If i get later one it not fit cluster. Anyone out there have ine that will work got this application thanks

i have a nice long OEM Cable Needed Parts solution for you , it will fit a H55F or a J30 w/ a clip on cluster .......

comes with the felt and rubber dive gears pads too and firewall grommet , plug and play :D

So is yours a thread on or clip on cable? I have a thread on cable that I offer that fits my ’68 FJ40 which is converted to a 4speed, so I know it fits.

So is yours a thread on or clip on cable? I have a thread on cable that I offer that fits my ’68 FJ40 which is converted to a 4speed, so I know it fits.
Mark, I'm after a 1 piece cable that will work with 4 speed swap with threaded connection at the cluster. Is your offering an OEM piece, or aftermarket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom