Speedhut Gauges in your 60... wow! Best money spent! (1 Viewer)

Which background

• Black

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • White

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸

I found this picture of a FJ60 instrument panel converted to Speedhut gauges. The gauges look really well and can be customized depending on what you want. Color choices, etc. Has anybody converted their panel?
Look to have a great warranty.

Closer look at the gauges.
Speedometer/ Tach combo with GPS.

Cluster gauges- water temp, oil pressure, volts and fuel.
Man these bring a new look to the stock 60 instrument panel with out cluttering up the dash. Definitely will be upgrading to these after the SOA conversion.

D88E3B94-01E4-41C2-B2C8-9ECD86798A3A.png

Last edited:
There's more photos of that speedhut conversion here on Bean's build thread. Post #122 and #131. Looks like quality stuff.

Also they offer a GPS speedo reciever thus eliminating any error in your speedo display. Pretty trick stuff
Yeah but isn't that one something like $500 by itself?

Yeah but isn't that one something like $500 by itself?
When we all are putting in so much $$$ to keep these beasts alive and looking good, what’s $500 then. Well worth it to me.

When we all are putting in so much $$$ to keep these beasts alive and looking good, what’s $500 then. Well worth it to me.
Good point... At that point, what is $500 when you have spend close to that on the other gauges. Actually really really like the SpeedHut gauges and like how @NCFJ did his with the TEQ symbol and the LS3.

They don’t work in tunnels, if that’s a concern for you.
Not that spend much time in tunnels but it drives me nuts to see any gauge just drop off.
Good catch... Not a huge deal unless you are in a city that utilizes tunnels to get around. However, looking at their site I did see that they have a "backup" adapter that will adapter a speedo-cable or vss to the unit, could be a work around for such issues.

Also, standard GPS speedo gauge (just speedo, no other items other than mile tracker) runs $280 to start and then has some add-on modifications (like what is seen in Stan's gauge above). So actually not all that bad all things considered.

I picked up a whole Speedhut kit for a scout I'm building. I LOVE the gauges. Dunno if I'm that impressed in the look in a 60, but the gauges are very cool.
Screen_Shot_2017-11-29_at_11.38.55_AM.png

Have a look at the autometer gauges also. My rig came with those from the PO and I like them. They are not GPS dependent which I like. Sorry I don't have any good pics and my rig is 500 miles away right now. 60 mph is right at the top of the dial which seems right.

I think they are worth at least a comparison with the speedhut kit

They don’t work in tunnels, if that’s a concern for you.
Not that spend much time in tunnels but it drives me nuts to see any gauge just drop off.

I would just set your cruise control before that long tunnel ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom