spare tire tools missing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all I need some assistance with my new to me 2000 LC. When I searched for the spare tire tools and jack they did not come with the vehicle. Anybody know if a sequioa or tundra or other yota tools jack will work that I can search for in junk yards. LC are far and few here.

Obviously the jack/toolkit from a LX470 would work. (Certain bits and pieces of the kit could possibly be scavenged from other vehicles, but I'd be cautious about making sure that the jack is appropriate to support the weight of your vehicle.)

To give you an idea, of what is missing:
LEXUS LX470 STANDARD TOOL

You may want to start by checking with arcteryx (cruiseryard.com) then maybe cruiserparts.net

Last edited:
The only thing I ever use from my toolkit is the part to lower the spare tire. I have a breaker bar with deep socket to remove lug nuts. I also have a small set of tools (pliers, sockets, wrench) that imho would be more useful than the toolkit.

Last edited:
The jack from a Sequoia should work however if your 100 has the spare tire wheel lock, the jack handle used to lower the spare will NOT work. They will not fit your spare tire wheel lock
key.

Hello all I need some assistance with my new to me 2000 LC. When I searched for the spare tire tools and jack they did not come with the vehicle. Anybody know if a sequioa or tundra or other yota tools jack will work that I can search for in junk yards. LC are far and few here.
Not really much in there that is that useful or irreplaceable. The jack with the extension handle is handy and compact, and I believe you need it to get your spare tire out (assuming you have it in the stock location). Other than that, I think there is a cheap screwdriver, some cheap pliers and a cheap spanner - did I mention that they are all cheap and cheesy? Find a jack and handle from a salvage yard and make up your own tool kit.

Thanks all for info. Basically I need to make sure I can get tire out in an emergency. It would be nice to have toolkit but not necessary as I do carry other tools, kids clothes etc. I don't believe tire has lock are there two different handle crank types? One for lock and one without?

I don't believe tire has lock are there two different handle crank types? One for lock and one without?

The anti-theft lock for the spare is a long cylinder that attaches to the end of the extension like a socket. It is "keyed" similar to the anti-theft locking lug nuts.

Sean, I might be able to help you with some of the missing parts. I have an extra set of rod handle, 2x extensions and sub assembly (09114 and 09115). I might have some of the other items too, but I'll have to check. Those are the critical parts to get that spare down.

IM me if you're interested.

Thanks all for info. Basically I need to make sure I can get tire out in an emergency. It would be nice to have toolkit but not necessary as I do carry other tools, kids clothes etc. I don't believe tire has lock are there two different handle crank types? One for lock and one without?

My LX has an extra tip for the handle that fits the tire winch socket like a wheel lock lug nut. Another reason to get the tire out from under there. If you lose that little thing that spare is useless when you need it. Also of note out of the whole "kit" the only thing that is neat IMO is the bag that says Toyota on it. All the actual tools inside are crap tools and not worth the space they take up except that little winch key which you need if your tire is staying down there. Apparently there were a few different versions too. So they are not necessarily interchangeable.

I am also looking for a bag and tool kit. Dirballs at the dealer stole the bag but left the jack. I did not notice it until I got 1000 miles away. The tool kit from my 1996 4Runner works to lower the spare. The kit is used for many Toyota applications. You can order the lug wrench, extension, and bag OEM from any dealer. Look ffor one that discounts on line. I order from Olathe Toyota.

Recently found out that my truck has come with no tools or jack (a nice surprise). Does anyone happen to have a lead on a jack and the supporting tools? I have an 06 LX. I've trolled the parts sites as well as videos online. I can't tell if there is an additional "key" that is inserted into the rods that go through the bumper to unlock the spare tire? I've seen one video online of a 2000 where an additional key was inserted but in the part diagrams online there is no mention of this?

Any clarification, recommendation, or lead would be greatly appreciated!

You need to remove the rectangular cover and look in there with a flash light to see if it needs a key or not, it's like a miniature wheel lock looking thing. If it just has a slit the width of a pencil, then any curved car jack spinning tool can lower it

With key lock

051-jpg.382683

This is a regular one, kinda dark pic but you see the center just has an opening for one of these tools to go in there and spin it out?
s-l1600.jpg

31iqmM-KPRL.jpg

Another way to remove the spare tire is to unbolt the carrier from the top, it's held in by 4 x 12mm bolt, just undo it and have the tire drop on the ground.

Reviving an old thread.

I am scheduled to head out on an off-roading trip this weekend and I just noticed my recently acquired 2005 LX only has a jack stand and there are no tools. I am not as concerned about jack handle or lug nut loosener as I can take my home tool kit with me. But how do I get access to the tool to lower the spare tire if I have to change tires on the trail? What tools do I need? Are these dealer stock items that I can find on the dealer shelf?

Or is there any other way to release the spare tire and lower it without a tool kit?

I also noticed I do not have a wrench large enough to open the lug nuts. What size wrench do I need to open the lug nuts?

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread.

I am scheduled to head out on an off-roading trip this weekend and I just noticed my recently acquired 2005 LX only has a jack stand and there are no tools. I am not as concerned about jack handle or lug nut loosener as I can take my home tool kit with me. But how do I get access to the tool to lower the spare tire if I have to change tires on the trail? What tools do I need? Are these dealer stock items that I can find on the dealer shelf?

Or is there any other way to release the spare tire and lower it without a tool kit?

I also noticed I do not have a wrench large enough to open the lug nuts. What size wrench do I need to open the lug nuts?

Could someone please comment if there is a special key to turn the notch counter-clockwise to lower the tire or could I use a long screw driver? Some Youtube videos show they are using the jack handle and inserting the loop end into the hole and turning it counter-clockwise. But others here in the search history are stating to use a special tool.

Please see this picture that shows all components of the tool kit. The YouTube videos are only using 09115 and 09114.

I have to take a trip tomorrow and I am really trying to make this work somehow so I don't get stranded on the road.

1664562411025.png

Could someone please comment if there is a special key to turn the notch counter-clockwise to lower the tire or could I use a long screw driver? Some Youtube videos show they are using the jack handle and inserting the loop end into the hole and turning it counter-clockwise. But others here in the search history are stating to use a special tool.

It depends on if your vehicle is “how it left the factory”, or it has a dealer/port installed anti-theft device.

A little looking on your part, is probably going to be more accurate than a wild-assed guess on my part…

You need to remove the rectangular cover and look in there with a flash light to see if it needs a key or not, it's like a miniature wheel lock looking thing. If it just has a slit the width of a pencil, then any curved car jack spinning tool can lower it

With key lock

051-jpg.382683

This is a regular one, kinda dark pic but you see the center just has an opening for one of these tools to go in there and spin it out?
If you need it ... PN PT276-60060

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom