Events/Trails South Eastern US Role Call and Trip planning (1 Viewer)

Will you be attending these events this year?

• Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride (GSMTR)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • LCDC

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Cruise Moab

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Appalachian Toyota Round Up (ATR)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm down with either if early June.

Yooooo I’ll be up in the Cohutta Wilderness in my 200 early next week if anyone else is around.

Anyone here going to Coal Miner?

I'm not gonna be out until LCDC, the way things usually work, ill break something stupid, beforehand, and put myself out of commission. I'll be laying low, car shopping.

What have you heard that's bad about Windrock? It's one of the best parks in the SE period. Something for everyone there, great facilities, cabins, etc.
Same here. Been numerous times for GSMTR. Great trails and the cabins are nice.

Has anyone been to Windrock in the last couple of months? How are the trails and which ones would you recommend if I don’t want trail damage? Checking it out in two weeks

Has anyone been to Windrock in the last couple of months? How are the trails and which ones would you recommend if I don’t want trail damage? Checking it out in two weeks

Are you bone stock or have tires, sliders, skids? We had the latter 3 but otherwise stock. I can dig up the easier trail numbers we ran at GSMTR a few weeks back. Got a little pinstriping I'll need to buff out too though I believe that was on some of the harder blue trails. As usual the 200 and medium/harder trails is more of a fitment issue than capability issue LOL.

Just outside of Windrock you can do Nemo Tunnel which is cool and doable in a bone stock 200 also.

Are you bone stock or have tires, sliders, skids? We had the latter 3 but otherwise stock. I can dig up the easier trail numbers we ran at GSMTR a few weeks back. Got a little pinstriping I'll need to buff out too though I believe that was on some of the harder blue trails. As usual the 200 and medium/harder trails is more of a fitment issue than capability issue LOL.

Just outside of Windrock you can do Nemo Tunnel which is cool and doable in a bone stock 200 also.
I’m running 34” RG with 3.0 stage 6 ICON suspension and Slee sliders. Skids are my next upgrade.

I’m running 34” RG with 3.0 stage 6 ICON suspension and Slee sliders. Skids are my next upgrade.
We ran to and on G50, G53 on day one, which will get you to the abandoned radar site and overlook that is nearby. I think its G53 that dead ends up there and you will turnaround and decide either to double back or take a new route out. Also a second day was G5,G6,G39,G2,G9,G1 and include a couple of nice overlooks and get decently close to the wind turbines at one point. Pretty sure we ran blue portions on a several of those, I just can't remember which ones for the life of me LOL. My daughter had the Windrock App and told me when we were on Blue and it was a good portion.

While I have skids and you don't I also sit a smidge lower than you since I'm still on stock suspension. I had a few bangs on my skids and once on my sliders but that extra little bit of lift probably would've made it a clean run on the BB skids. As always though it's the line that counts!

We ran to and on G50, G53 on day one, which will get you to the abandoned radar site and overlook that is nearby. I think its G53 that dead ends up there and you will turnaround and decide either to double back or take a new route out. Also a second day was G5,G6,G39,G2,G9,G1 and include a couple of nice overlooks and get decently close to the wind turbines at one point. Pretty sure we ran blue portions on a several of those, I just can't remember which ones for the life of me LOL. My daughter had the Windrock App and told me when we were on Blue and it was a good portion.

While I have skids and you don't I also sit a smidge lower than you since I'm still on stock suspension. I had a few bangs on my skids and once on my sliders but that extra little bit of lift probably would've made it a clean run on the BB skids. As always though it's the line that counts!
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking it out. Is G50 and G53 considered a more scenic greenish/blue level trail?

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking it out. Is G50 and G53 considered a more scenic greenish/blue level trail?
IMO the second day, while longer, was more scenic. It has a couple great overlooks for lunch breaks etc.

IMO the second day, while longer, was more scenic. It has a couple great overlooks for lunch breaks etc.
Thanks, that’s helpful. Looking forward to next week 😎

Thanks, that’s helpful. Looking forward to next week 😎
I would recommend 26, 27, 22, 51, 11, and 30 if you want to test your rig.👍

All of those are blue except for 30 and its a 1.5 mile black. 30 will give a 200 about all it wants but its my favorite trail.

I would recommend 26, 27, 22, 51, 11, and 30 if you want to test your rig.👍

All of those are blue except for 30 and its a 1.5 mile black. 30 will give a 200 about all it wants but its my I am tagging in to follow on!

#ga12r1, you coming up to ATR next week? I'll be here with my 4R again and it will look a bit different this year. maybe fewer blues and more blacks and double blacks this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom