Source for Moly Grease (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
hey guys, I’m doing my 80 axles and wheelbearings tomorrow with @CruiseLanderAZ, can’t seem to find any moly grease for the birfs locally.... autozone had some STP but I was hoping for something sythetic. Any suggestions? @LandCruiserPhil got a source?

I used this in all my birf jobs.

Valvoline 14.1 oz. full synthetic grease VV985

moly.jpg

If I remember I'll snap some pictures of the bearings I pulled out... the passenger side wheel bearings had some nasty pitting on the rolling elements and all of the races had been significantly over heated, a straw yellow throughout. Packed some new Koyo's and hub with some mobil 1 synthetic and it feels night and day better.

The Oreily over by me (@blatant the one by burrito co) had some valvoline NLGI#2, moly, lithium complex. Used that in the birfs.

Mmmm. Obc, breakfast burritos!! You guys wrenching rest of the week? I'll tryn swing by.
Nothing major on deck for a bit, I got the 80 all buttoned up yesterday, may wash the 100 one of these afternoons and finish wrapping the trim. Will let you know next time we have a good project though :wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom