Son to be future veteran (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcdesignsoffroad.com
I've posted a bit in the airplane chat thread and fumbled around in the Welcome to the Vet's Hwy, but now I've sat though to actually post where I should...

I've been various forms of Air Force for 15 years. 15 years ago my nearly 3 yr old son was in the back of the Lansing MEPS ceremony room, throwing up on the floor during my ceremony.

Today he was screened in Troy, MI and passed with a 94 ASVAB and just squeaked by with his weight. He worked to lose 30 lbs since first talking to the recruiter in December. His goal is to work in the Air Crew Flight Equipment shop (Air Guard) so he can be mentored by the flyers while he is attending Western Michigan University's aviation program. Once he's earned his BS he can trade his stripes for butter bars.

My goal for him was to be enlisted first, so that if/when he does become an officer he knows what its like to be on the bottom.

Once his medical details load into the system he will be asking one of his teachers, a retired F-15 academy guy, to swear him in at his high school. This will allow many more family and friends to see what the beginning is all about.

Matthew

My older brother was an HH53 crew chief at Hurbert field, I worked U-2s and now kc135s, my next youngest brother tried the Marines, but couldn't hack it and my youngest brother was a silo missle electrical troop at FE Wareen. So far I've been the longest standing military family member. Im hoping my son will take over the reigns to start enlisted and become the sort of respectable pilot/officer/commander we all wanted.

IMG_4728.JPG

Impressive , I know you're proud.

HOOAH!!

Congrats to both of you. You for being a good example that he wants to emulate. We need a lot more young folks not afraid to stand up for the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom