Some light gremlin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Weirdest thing, I was driving and out of nowhere my dome light switched on. It was set to come on when the door is opened. It just randomly comes on and goes off as I drive with no apparent relation to speed or bumps in the road. The door open door warning light or chime does not come on, which I believe eliminates the possibility of a defective door sensor. All of the forum searches I do come back to the dome light plus dash door ajar warning light but I don’t have the dash warning. I’m lost for an explanation. Anyone have experience with this situation?
P.S. on occasion when the dome light randomly comes on while I’m driving the “bulb out” warning light pops on for a second or two then disappears.
Any help is appreciated

Have you run a scan for other vehicle codes with Techstream or OBD Link?

What model year? EDIT: I see ‘14 in your profile

Have you closely examined the manual override overhead console switch to see if there is an issue there?

Not aware of a “bulb out” warning message. Where is that being displayed?

Only lighting based warning messages I see in the owner’s manual

IMG_1651.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg

Weirdest thing, I was driving and out of nowhere my dome light switched on. It was set to come on when the door is opened. It just randomly comes on and goes off as I drive with no apparent relation to speed or bumps in the road. The door open door warning light or chime does not come on, which I believe eliminates the possibility of a defective door sensor. All of the forum searches I do come back to the dome light plus dash door ajar warning light but I don’t have the dash warning. I’m lost for an explanation. Anyone have experience with this situation?
P.S. on occasion when the dome light randomly comes on while I’m driving the “bulb out” warning light pops on for a second or two then disappears.
Any help is appreciated
Title should say “Dome Light” not “some light”
IMG_5432.jpeg

This is the warning light. Both front and rear overhead lights come on.

As I mentioned on CL post that is for errors related to the LED headlights according to the owner’s manual.

I mentioned about any water issues or rodents chewing on wiring?

You may want to pick up FSM as this may require wiring diagrams and a multimeter if no codes come up with Techstream or OBDLink/Fusion.

FSM at bottom of this post

A few other problems started popping up witch gave me some clues to the cause of the problem. The car would lock with the fob inside and it also started by it self. I removed the dealer installed remote start module and all the problems stopped. Thanks for all the help.

Hey! I just bought a 460 and I believe it has "dealer installed remote start"! How did you uninstall it? Do you have a thingy on your windshield?

Hey! I just bought a 460 and I believe it has "dealer installed remote start"! How did you uninstall it? Do you have a thingy on your windshield?
There wasn’t anything on the windshield. I found this under the dashboard on the drivers side. Just unplugged all the wiring harnesses from it. Going to go back in another day ad trace the harnesses back to where they tap in and disconnect them for good. But for now all my issues are solved.
IMG_5433.jpeg

Btw. Those cut wires at the bottom were like that when I found it. Looks like a real hack job.

What model year is your 460?

2010. It dangles down on the side. There is a wire that goes somewhere. I haven’t had time to find out where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom