Solved: ML amp fan What is this part? LX570 noise from under driver's seat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nevermind. I found my answer here: Mark Levinson Amp - Fan Replacement (2011 LX570) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/mark-levinson-amp-fan-replacement-2011-lx570.1214698/

Vehicle is 2011 LX570. There is a "whirring" sound coming from under the drivers seat only with key on and motor running OR if engine is stopped while car is in neutral (accessories stay on) it is heard until ingnition start/stop is cycled again. It was driving me bananas, I thought it was a failing fuel pump till I tried to locate the sound (weird). Anyway, it is coming not from the seat but from a box under the carpet, under the drivers seat. I can not make out the box, but it is aluminium and kind of flat and wide. I was able to pull one of the wire plugs from it and the sound stopped. Replacing the wire and it returns. I am guessing it is a cooling fan for some electronics piece that is making the noise. Once I located it, a whack with my hand and the noise goes away. Another whack and it returns.

Does anybody know what this is that is making the noise? Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking I will have to pull the whole seat to get the carpet up to get to the unit before I could even try to clean out this part and what I assume is a cooling fan packed with dust.

Thanks!
Andy

Pics I found from another post of mounting a CB radio in this space (ignore grey CB box):
PXL_20201206_020507578.jpg

PXL_20201206_000510249.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom