So , my 96 LC doesn't over heat , stays in the center on the guage, yet ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...doesn't suck coolant out of the reservoir mounted on the passenger fender, and in fact when starting the truck, I hear water flowing, which I didn't use to hear or didn't notice , there's no puddling on the ground, the radiator loses fluid only by a little bit every week or so but diesn't out of the reservoir and its a brand new plastic radiator put in 2 yrs ago, that doesn't leak ! has new hoses...

So is it that the water pump is going out ?

is their a clog in the suction line going from the new radiator through the old line and to the old coolant reservoir ?

Or something else ?

Any help would be appreciated !!!

New%20cruiser%20pic%201_zpszxk9hbqs.jpg

You have a small leak somewhere enough to allow the system to suck air.

Mine does a similar thing and it's because the rear heater lines are rusting through. They are wet but never a drip. Coolant level goes down slowly.

I would guess PHH or rear heater lines.

A leak or a bad cap will do that. A cooling system pressure tester is the tool of choice.

A leak or a bad cap will do that. A cooling system pressure tester is the tool of choice.

^^^^^ Yep. Bad cap most often. But a leak of some type for sure.

@BILT4ME " I would guess PHH" .... what is PHH ?

I will check the lines in the rear and the cap ... thanks folks !

@BILT4ME " I would guess PHH" .... what is PHH ?

I will check the lines in the rear and the cap ... thanks folks !
It is heater hose above the starter, change it and the number one bypass hose next to it together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom