So Kevin, about those windows... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tint is vital as far as I'm concerned so it has been part of the equation all along (these windows look better tinted anyway since you can't see the frame that way)

The hinges are adhered to the outside, so tint is not an issue, the latch catches and shock plate are on the inside, catches hold just fine glued to the tint in my tests, but not the shock since it is in shear when the window is closed. The tint has to be cut out from around where the shock mount will be placed, I've been doing tons of experimenting to figure out how to do this as cleanly as possible.
I also have a window that I will glue the hardware to and then have that tinted to see how well a shop can cut the tint around the components.

Or you could always run the solid back window replacements.

so..... about those windows....

but on another note.. I'm gonna be emailing you here shortly... in the morning about some questions I have.

I think I am selling the 62 to get a 40.... and drop loads of dough on it

or buy a 40 and keep the 62 and no mods to either.... for a little while at least....

or expeditionize my rig Kevin Rowland style ;) but no 40 :(.........

choices choices choices

So now that you've sorted it all out, you can do the 100's for the 2 guys that might actually do something cool and useful to their trucks :)

Looks great!

OK It's been a year, we are interested, and the list is growing!!!!!

Wow! I just read through this whole thread and those are amazing! Your creativity and skills are amazing Kevin. Can't wait to see what else you come up with as I'm sure it'll be just as awesome!

OK It's been a year, we are interested, and the list is growing!!!!!

You're telling me!
Imagine how much I'm bothered by the delays if it's getting on your nerves. :p

I finally got the last pieces of hardware I've been waiting for, the manufacturer added an extra digit to the part number so they did not come in right. :mad: I've got parts on the way that should be here tomorrow in the hopes that I can sabotage the parts I need from them.
I will be heading to the Overland Expo next week and hope to have the final version in my truck for the show.
The only good thing I have to say is that they get cleaner and simpler every step of the way, but it has been a slow "way" for sure.

You're telling me!
Imagine how much I'm bothered by the delays if it's getting on your nerves. :p

I finally got the last pieces of hardware I've been waiting for, the manufacturer added an extra digit to the part number so they did not come in right. :mad: I've got parts on the way that should be here tomorrow in the hopes that I can sabotage the parts I need from them.
I will be heading to the Overland Expo next week and hope to have the final version in my truck for the show.
The only good thing I have to say is that they get cleaner and simpler every step of the way, but it has been a slow "way" for sure.

There is a good chance I'll be at the expo. I'll beg an plead with you to make these happen for the 100 series. I know it will likely never happen but if It does put me near the top of your list. I think you have several dozen sales already lined up over in the 100s forum.

Awesome, I'll be there somewhere with the 60, it's tan now keep an eye out for me. (I should make a new thread.... will do that after I post here)
As for the 100 windows, I think it's very likely, and actually they are a better fit with the 100 than they are with the 80s so just keep your finders crossed. ;)

KR

Spent the better part of the weekend working on updating the window prototypes. Actually got most of the right hardware and it was mostly right. Close enough that I can finish these things off at least!

My first attempt ever at posting and sharing a video:
(the sound does not do it justice, I really wanted to show off how cool they sound when they close but the crappy cell phone video just doesn't cut it)

edit: Hang on.....
edit: got it.

Last edited:
Those look expensive! But awesome!

Please make these for the 100.

Count another 100 owner who would love a set.

Those look expensive! But awesome!

Yeah, everything I make ends up being way too expensive.
However, I've been working really hard on simplifying as much as I can in order to get them as clean as possible.
Each thing I get rid of lowers the cost, so they have come down in price considerably since I started, but I'm sure they will still add up to many hundreds of dollars when it's all said and done.

They are in really good shape now, for more things to sort out and then I'll make a production test.

Re 100s: All I need is a 100 to play with (as in take the windows out of and go back and forth on for weeks on end).
If anyone knows of a wrecked one with a least one good rear quarter, a cut out of the entire window area would get me what I need to start.

My objective was to makes this system as a modular component setup so that the only thing that changes from model to model is the outer profile. Once set, adapting it to other platforms should be as simple as new frame profiles (which is not exactly simple, but it's not starting from square-one)

Great job on the video Kevin. The newest version looks awesome, especially the slam latch.

Need these for the 80's before you start making them for the 100's? It only makes sense :flipoff2:

I want to be on the list for the windows for the 80's!

I think the 100 guys have you beat on this one. We are willing to spend the $$$ that this ridiculous project is going to end up costing. After us please proceed to the 200 folks whilst doubling the cost. Please go back to your duct tape and bailing wire using group of IFS hatting Luddites . :flipoff2:

Jrob80 said:
I want to be on the list for the windows for the 80's!

Big problem with doing 80 split windows will be getting a one-piece section of glass to built the frame on. The 60 and the 100 have a solid rear window which can be easily modified.:meh:

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom