So Kevin, about those windows... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

screen

Yah, I have to go with Kevin on this one. Camping in the back means going out through the back or sides all the time. The mosquito netting over the sleeping area makes for a much more realistic guard against mosquitos. To make nets for the windows means making nets for all the doors and windows (4 doors, 4 windows, and hatch) and that doesn't make sense.

For those that have asked, the install went very smooth. I felt like a 3rd wheel with Kevin and his wife installing and taking video or pictures, but it went very smooth. For anyone on the fence about the price or quality, take it from me, it is a quality product with alot of thought and care taken into the design and longterm ownership details. When a guy crowns his washers. . . . it is a hint!

I went down for the side windows and somehow left with a gasket kit and side storage units for the back as well. I am still trying to figure out how he did that one. . . . .

actually, not to go too far off topic, the last run i was on with the local club had a couple guys (and gals) with stick on screening. it definately helped control the bug issues here even though they were in and out quite a bit.
it was just a question, i understand why he doesn't offer them.
it doesn't make the flip ups any less cool, still an excellent product.

Cool

Oh yes. It is a very cool product. I went up to the store yesterday to get some groceries and pulled up next to a huge jacked up Bronco covered in mud. After I got back to the truck, the owners jaw hit the ground when I popped open the side windows. All I heard was "What the....?" as I closed the door and drove off as he was trying to get his cell phone out to take a picture.:flipoff2:
Awesome! Honestly...it is easily a $1800 option I would get in a heartbeat. Very cool indeed.
If anyone is in the Washington area and wants to take a look and play with them let me know.

Glad you are liking them J. :p

Now that we've got the first install finished up I've been working on the instructions and videos, I've just started a new thread here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/wagongear/...structions-production-thread.html#post8026465

For the instructions, questions, and production info.
I'm going to shut this thread down now as the build thread and we can move forward with the new production thread.

Thanks for all the support.
:cheers:
KR

Dimensions

Hi Kevin

I'm looking for the dimensions of the back windows FJ60. If you have them could you send them on via e-mail to pierrec@nac-eng,com. Much appreciated.

Regards
Pierre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom