SNT '09 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So... since I am relatively new to the Off-road cruiser world, is there anything special (recovery kit, etc.)I should really think about getting to bring for this first outing?
Snatch Strap,
Shovel,
tire pressure gauge,
valve core removal tool
and spare valve cores.
tarp: in case you have to get wrenches out because the sand will instantly eat nuts, bolts, tools (and car keys) right before your eyes, never to be seen again.

Finally...
Goggles: so you can still drive around after rolling and busting out your windshield.:hillbilly:

:grinpimp:

Macy's is having a bitchin end of season sale.

SSSAAAAWEEEETTTTT!!! I am totally getting a pink one piece from the lingere department!!!!!!

LOL! You guys are cracking me up! Thanks for the advice on the recovery gear!

Finally...
Goggles: so you can still drive around after rolling and busting out your windshield.:hillbilly:

Ah ha! I would have thought the goggles were after a few cold ones at the end of the night..... LOL!:beer:

For those that may know... are there any surf spots close by? Should I toss a board on the list of things to bring?

[mob list addition made]

There is some great surfing there if the swell is right. North of the pier can be fast, steep and mean.... Last time i rode it I took a fin in the head and 16 staples to close me up... Looked like I was hit with a machete... It was a 9 footer that closed out on me. I was riding my long board. About 5-10 minutes north is another great spot if you want something more mellow...... Really depends on your skill level. I am not very good (obviously) and havnt been out in a year or so... but, I will still probably bring my long board just in case.....

I agree with Calstyle on the tow strap...get a beefy real towstrap with no metal hooks.
It may not be the law to wear a flag on your rig, but you should. It just makes sense.
As a hunnerd driver I think you need to fly a pair of panties. The 80 drivers got the pink panties, I don't know if that's just for 80s or if you use that too. I have used the pink panties before, one year it was a bra, one year it was purple thongs. Whatever I find in the glovebox. I can get away with that in a 55, but in a hunnerd I think you better check hunnerd tech. Maybe you need to fly something coordinated with your interior colours. If you can't find the thread "Colour-coordinating your panties with your 100" in hunnerd tech, you need to start one.

Pink panties refer to Lexus versions of the cruisers, not to 80's specifically. :D

There is some great surfing there if the swell is right. North of the pier can be fast, steep and mean.... Last time i rode it I took a fin in the head and 16 staples to close me up... Looked like I was hit with a machete... It was a 9 footer that closed out on me. I was riding my long board. About 5-10 minutes north is another great spot if you want something more mellow...... Really depends on your skill level. I am not very good (obviously) and havnt been out in a year or so... but, I will still probably bring my long board just in case.....

Im no pro so either break sounds good to me.

Can you get to both of them via the beach? Never driven that far norther on the sand...

Can you get to both of them via the beach? Never driven that far norther on the sand...

The one north of the peir you cannot drive all the way. It would be best to hit the paved roads and park just north of the Pier along the sea wall.

The other more mellow area is even further north and you would need to hop on the freeway. But neither of the places I am thinking of are not more than 10-15 min. in the car.

Here is the Pismo Beach Cam:

Pismo Beach Pier Surf Report | Pismo Beach Pier Surf Cam | SURFLINE.COM

I am not really sure of the name of the other spot. My wifes brother has only taken me to these two spots.

The one north of the peir you cannot drive all the way. It would be best to hit the paved roads and park just north of the Pier along the sea wall.

The other more mellow area is even further north and you would need to hop on the freeway. But neither of the places I am thinking of are not more than 10-15 min. in the car.

Here is the Pismo Beach Cam:

Pismo Beach Pier Surf Report | Pismo Beach Pier Surf Cam | SURFLINE.COM

I am not really sure of the name of the other spot. My wifes brother has only taken me to these two spots.

Sweet. My sister used to live in Shell Beach. I will see if she gets to her email before SNT while she is roaming the world (and surfing). :cheers:

Any non-surfers thinking about getting in the water (highly recommended for everyone) should check out:

Central Coast Kayaks

Rent Kayaks, wetsuits, etc. including tours of sea caves and more. In Shell Beach about 15 minutes from Surf N Turf. An early morning paddle is awesome.

Tell my friend Paul you're one of PismoJim's crazy Land Cruiser buddies. ;)

It might be fun to set up a morning group paddle...:hmm:

P.S. Regarding surf spots: the beach break near Surf N Turf camp can be surprisingly good first thing in the morning depending on swell and the transient sand bars.

I'll even give you a free event sticker if you bring your board. :cool:

Sweet ! Just got our order in for some swag , Cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One other question we are planning on coming up on Tuesday or Wednesday and doing the Hearst Castle Tour there are 4 choices and I am not really into the Garden Tour anyone done this and have any inoput Thanks

Last edited:
Any non-surfers thinking about getting in the water (highly recommended for everyone) should check out:

Central Coast Kayaks

Rent Kayaks, wetsuits, etc. including tours of sea caves and more. In Shell Beach about 15 minutes from Surf N Turf. An early morning paddle is awesome.

Tell my friend Paul you're one of PismoJim's crazy Land Cruiser buddies. ;)

It might be fun to set up a morning group paddle...:hmm:

P.S. Regarding surf spots: the beach break near Surf N Turf camp can be surprisingly good first thing in the morning depending on swell and the transient sand bars.

I'll even give you a free event sticker if you bring your board. :cool:

I'd totaly be into an early morning paddle!

Snatch Strap,
Shovel,
tire pressure gauge,
valve core removal tool
and spare valve cores.
tarp: in case you have to get wrenches out because the sand will instantly eat nuts, bolts, tools (and car keys) right before your eyes, never to be seen again.

Finally...

Metal detector sounds like it might be helpful !!

Sweet ! Just got our order in for some swag , Cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One other question we are planning on coming up on Tuesday or Wednesday and doing the Hearst Castle Tour there are 4 choices and I am not really into the Garden Tour anyone done this and have any inoput Thanks

The one that takes you through the pools is sweet, they show you some of the interior too, or used to anyhow.

This will be my first time and I cant freaking wait! I have seen pictures of past events and always wanted to come. I cant wait to get the hundy in the sand!!!!!! I will have my new OME kit and tires on by then.

So... since I am relatively new to the Off-road cruiser world, is there anything special (recovery kit, etc.)I should really think about getting to bring for this first outing? I see many people have a orange flag on the bumper.....I am planning to look around and learn some things from you guys while I am there! So I won't go buy a bunch of **** I dont need.

I am planning to camp out, unles the weather is bad.... then I will probably stay at my Brother-in-laws about 10 min. away......

EDIT:

So, I just checked the SVRA equipment page and see a 8' whip with flag is a requirement..... Guess I should have looked there before posting. Can some one recomend a place to get one for the Hundy? Thnx!

Good listing of gear that Jim posted, dont forget warm clothes, the wind gets going and its downright cold there. Spent a lot of nights on that beach when I was in SAR. Good boots warm socks and a good jacket are essential.

If you are going to tent camp, I suggest you get to a camp place and find some long snow spikes. They work the best other than parking a car on the tent. The wind gets into the 30+mph range there and I've seen tents blowing down the beach, accross the back dunes etc. I'd also suggest a roll of duct tape, use it to seal up your cooler from the sand. The sand gets every :censor: where and into every :censor: thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom