SNT '09 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife and I will be back in LA this week. Cruiser won't be there as we are flying but are planning on being there Friday morning till Saturday around lunch time. We will be bringing her parents and driving their F350 (hope no one minds a ford in the group)

My wife and I will be back in LA this week. Cruiser won't be there as we are flying but are planning on being there Friday morning till Saturday around lunch time. We will be bringing her parents and driving their F350 (hope no one minds a ford in the group)

geez, these are pretty heavy to pull out of stucks.... oh, well.... :D

How old do you need to be to be an "old" guy. I mean, Eric is old and has a beard, Jim is old and wise and has a beard. I have 2 kids in college, no beard, but worried....should I grow a beard, and if I do, does it need to be gray?

LOL! Two kids in college too! No beard, but lots of salt in the mustache and eyebrows. Very little hair left and what there is left is mostly gray!

LOL! Two kids in college too! No beard, but lots of salt in the mustache and eyebrows. Very little hair left and what there is left is mostly gray!

ummm... and here I thought that Golf kept you young forever... Or is there a minimum handicap -or whatever the name is- for that feature to kick in? :)

Looking forward to my first SnT in an actual cruiser and not my FJ44Magnum, "Hellion" We've had fun each year prior, but this time will be EPIC! See you all soon!:cheers:

Oh and btw here is what a FJ44Magnum looks like for you who haven't attended before:eek:(if you look close you can see the bezel!)
Sethzilla_01.jpg

one more for good measure!
DSCF0226.jpg

can't wait...!

eh, what's with these all 40 logos? Aren't those 40s long obsolete...? let's get with the times, Dudes! :D

I know!

How about a 55 logo?

:flipoff2:

My second year, I was watching for the posting and I was still number 101 on the list. I dont consider myself old, but my Cruiser was built the same year I got my licence.

I'll be leaving from Chico/Orland area Thursday the 5th am. I-5 south, and in 8 hours or so at warpcruiserdrive we should be in the area.

Just be there dude and bring some beer will ya? I'll bring my chair over to where you and Nat were last year.

:D

:flipoff2:

I am sure there will be plenty of beer and tequila :D

I can't wait!

Thursday to Sunday, gonna bring the baby, 1st birthday for her, both rigs I hope

Tiki Torches!

What's a Surf&Turf without Tiki Torches? Found some on sale for a buck each (end of season sale)...got 10 of 'em.

This will be my first time and I cant freaking wait! I have seen pictures of past events and always wanted to come. I cant wait to get the hundy in the sand!!!!!! I will have my new OME kit and tires on by then.

So... since I am relatively new to the Off-road cruiser world, is there anything special (recovery kit, etc.)I should really think about getting to bring for this first outing? I see many people have a orange flag on the bumper.....I am planning to look around and learn some things from you guys while I am there! So I won't go buy a bunch of crap I dont need.

I am planning to camp out, unles the weather is bad.... then I will probably stay at my Brother-in-laws about 10 min. away......

EDIT:

So, I just checked the SVRA equipment page and see a 8' whip with flag is a requirement..... Guess I should have looked there before posting. Can some one recomend a place to get one for the Hundy? Thnx!

Last edited:
This will be my first time and I cant freaking wait! I have seen pictures of past events and always wanted to come. I cant wait to get the hundy in the sand!!!!!! I will have my new OME kit and tires on by then.

So... since I am relatively new to the Off-road cruiser world, is there anything special (recovery kit, etc.)I should really think about getting to bring for this first outing? I see many people have a orange flag on the bumper.....I am planning to look around and learn some things from you guys while I am there! So I won't go buy a bunch of crap I dont need.

I am planning to camp out, unles the weather is bad.... then I will probably stay at my Brother-in-laws about 10 min. away......

EDIT:

So, I just checked the SVRA equipment page and see a 8' whip with flag is a requirement..... Guess I should have looked there before posting. Can some one recomend a place to get one for the Hundy? Thnx!

Any motorcycle/quad shop will have them or in Town at Pismo, Nothing but a tow strap is really required, air down to 10-14 psi or less and go. Having something to air up is nice. Cant predict the weather that time of year.

The whip flag isn't a requirement yet. It will be soon, but not before this years SnT, unless I missed something.

What's a Surf&Turf without Tiki Torches? Found some on sale for a buck each (end of season sale)...got 10 of 'em.

And the Keystone Light is still on sale so I will see you there Pig :beer: ( Thanks again :cheers: ) does make for a good story

I agree with Calstyle on the tow strap...get a beefy real towstrap with no metal hooks.
It may not be the law to wear a flag on your rig, but you should. It just makes sense.
As a hunnerd driver I think you need to fly a pair of panties. The 80 drivers got the pink panties, I don't know if that's just for 80s or if you use that too. I have used the pink panties before, one year it was a bra, one year it was purple thongs. Whatever I find in the glovebox. I can get away with that in a 55, but in a hunnerd I think you better check hunnerd tech. Maybe you need to fly something coordinated with your interior colours. If you can't find the thread "Colour-coordinating your panties with your 100" in hunnerd tech, you need to start one.

If you can't find the thread "Colour-coordinating your panties with your 100" in hunnerd tech, you need to start one.

:lol:

Orange flags are required on any non-license plated vehicle. If it has a license plate, you don't need a flag. IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ONE ON YOUR VEHICLE ANYWAYS but it is not required. I run a 8'x5' California flag on mine and people seem to have no trouble spotting me:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom