Snow Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Screw the fuel shortage....gotta escape the rat race for a day and find some fresh powder to get stuck in!

Anyone in? Would probably head up North Main past Sooke.

Thinking really any weekend now, although next week looks like it'll be good for snow accumulation. So might suggest Saturday Dec 11th.

I'll bring wood for a fire. Sleds for kids. Will be a family friendly run.

IMG_20201223_152815382_HDR.jpg

I’ll bring shotgun and tequila. Family friendly run. 😝.
Only if I haven’t actually lit my truck on fire by then. Today came close.

I'm possibly in for the 11th as well, the kids lacrosse game is likely cancelled. Should that hold true I'm in.

One thing I've found with 'North Main' (that I'd forgotten about until someone reminded me), is it's become a bit of a local play area for greater victoria. Sometimes it can be pretty busy up there with a high ratio mix of idiots. So if someone else has ideas for another area that can get us into high elevation with minimum idiots, feel free to share. Maybe around the Cowichan area?

One thing I've found with 'North Main' (that I'd forgotten about until someone reminded me), is it's become a bit of a local play area for greater victoria. Sometimes it can be pretty busy up there with a high ratio mix of idiots. So if someone else has ideas for another area that can get us into high elevation with minimum idiots, feel free to share. Maybe around the Cowichan area?
Hmmm. A place without idiots.

I got nuthin. :lol:

Remember that day we took the three 70’s through the back way on Lake Cow Road? North shore.
Wonder how much snow would be in there now? Not sure if there would be sledding for little people.
Not sure how that would work out
284B9EE9-948C-46AF-8F97-DB92ABFE23E9.jpeg

Remember that day we took the three 70’s through the back way on Lake Cow Road? North shore.
Wonder how much snow would be in there now? Not sure if there would be sledding for little people.
Not sure how that would work out
View attachment 2858492

I thought of that area, but it's not ideal as the roads are pretty steep at the snow line. Which means we won't get far. Need a more gentle grade I think.

We can stick to the Sooke option. We just need to work hard to get further than the idiots can go....LOL.

I thought of that area, but it's not ideal as the roads are pretty steep at the snow line. Which means we won't get far. Need a more gentle grade I think.

We can stick to the Sooke option. We just need to work hard to get further than the idiots can go....LOL.
I don’t know how hard you’ll have to work. A Landcruiser will go a lot further than a jeep or pickup… that should leave most of them behind without breaking a sweat. :rofl:

I can go on Sunday. Saturday doesn’t work for me. I’d bring a friend in his Jeep too
That could be entertaining. ;)

I don’t have anything against jeep owners… many 40 owners started as them before they saw the light. Besides, if you pour a ton of money into new axles and stuff one might get something almost as tough as a stock Landcruiser. :rofl:

I can go on Sunday. Saturday doesn’t work for me. I’d bring a friend in his Jeep too

Sorry man; I'm totally tied up on Sunday. Only free Saturday this weekend.

This run we'd probably keep it cruisers only as its been so long since we've done anything as a club. But I don't mind getting out with you and a Jeep another weekend when you're free....

Last edited:
Anyone still free Saturday?

I'm going to head out even if I'm solo. Will stop at A&W in Sooke for a snack. Plan to head from there at 10am or so....

Honestly not sure how good the snow will be. Probably not fantastic; but at least an excuse to get out.

IMG_20201223_141829911_HDR.jpg

We are taking our rigs out through trimmer rd. tomorrow to run a seasonal riverbed trail. Hope fully no snow in the actual creek. There is a road for spectating alongside the trail for the most part if you see us.

Any of you flakey web wheelers going to get off your asses and enjoy the real world today in your world class 4x4s? :flipoff2:

If so, post here please (or text me if you have my number). If I don't hear anything I'm not going to hang out at the A&W waiting.... Want to make the best of daylight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom