snatch block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A question for the veteran mudders - I have a warn 8000 winch on the front of my 78 cruiser. Want to buy a snatch block. Tractor Supply has a 4000 to 8000 snatch block made by champion or a larger 12000 pound snatch block, that will take up more room in the limited storage in my cruiser. I am thinking that if this thing is bogged down the actually weight I'm pulling out may be more than 8000 pounds? The rig itself is fairly light, with no top and only a wench that increased the weight. What do you guys think, which snatch block would you get?

I didn't see a 4k and 8k, I saw a 7k ($34) and 16k($44).

a few $ more $, I'd get a 30k Pound ARB and be done with it. You know what you're getting then, I'm not sure where champion blocks are made, or what dia. cable they were designed for.

ARB Snatch Block

If size is an issue than spend alittle more $ and get brand that trusts its name on its products. Otherwise get one that is bigger than your winch is rated for single line. When you need one you really one you dont want to worry if its going to snap and fly back at your rig

It is unlikely that you winch would be pulling anywhere near 8k for a self-recovery, but at the same time, I would not want my snatch block to be my weakest link in case of equipment failure. That would be quite a slingshot.

Personally, I'd consider one of the recovery kits. Once you have the snatch block, you will need a shackle and a tree strap to hook onto it. The ARB kit is pricy at about $270, but includes a snatch strap and two shackles, but not the chain. The Warn kit is about $200, but does not include the snatch strap, has only one shackle, but does have a nice chain and a pair of gloves.

It comes down to what you already have in your recovery kit, and what else is needed.

Thanks for the advice. The line about the block turning into a slingshot worried me a little. :hmm: The champion is going back to tractor supply. Just ordered the ARB 209 from www.TRDparts4U.com. Gerone has really been helpful there. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom