Smart tap + GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrTorgue

Grizzly Clint
Threads
I installed the smart tap on 470 using a Toyota 12-pin to 8-pin wiring harness (82241-35010) and it works like a charm. My erroneous thinking had me believing the same procedure would work on the 460, well the connector is a different size and layout in the 460 shock surprise.

Has anyone else figured out how to get the smart tap working in a 460? And or if there is another Toyota wiring harness I could use?

For those who don’t know what a smart tap is click this link below. It is rather an epic little device.

You would have to swap between flashers if you use the electric trailer brake circuit. You will see in this thread. Lane change auto flashing mod completed - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

There is a member there who can make an adapter but says that stupid forum won’t let him sell it. What a crock! I’m swamped with work and an 18 month old, I don’t have a whole lot of time for this sort of work which is why I like paying for someone else’s quality workmanship. :)

I sucked it up and made the adapter myself while at home “working”. It was more exciting than my work that’s for sure.

I suck at crimping but it all got put together fine and the smart tap works perfectly. I cleaned up the zip ties and then zip tie’d the harness to the wiring there to the right with the pink tape on it. (Not too tight though!) So glad the hyper flash is gone and that I have the tap+flash feature I’ve grown to love.

I’ll try and post a video if anyone is interested.

1D60C9BE-A12B-4280-AFDA-D6DAF67CB323.jpeg

I would be interested in a video if you can. There are some things I love about our GX460 but some that piss me off after I drive my VW and not having tap turn signals is one of them. THe other is how outdated and laggy the stereo is... for a 2016 what a joke. But I suppose thats another topic all together.

I would be interested in a video if you can. There are some things I love about our GX460 but some that piss me off after I drive my VW and not having tap turn signals is one of them. THe other is how outdated and laggy the stereo is... for a 2016 what a joke. But I suppose thats another topic all together.
The stereo is my only let down for sure

The cool thing about the smart tap relay is you can customize how many indicating flashes you want on a single tap. I like doing 5 flashes personally.

Wish they made a model that would plug and play and leave support for the trailer brakes. I know some swap them back to stock when needed but that would make it more convenient for me.

Quick video of it in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom