Slider steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In need of steps for the 97, I’ve nursed the stock steps as long as I can but it’s now time to replace. Want to go with a slider step type, any advice (real world) out there? I’ve looked online at bump it, and just cruises, both will do the job, wondering on other options that work well as a step AND a slider!

cheers p

In need of steps for the 97, I’ve nursed the stock steps as long as I can but it’s now time to replace. Want to go with a slider step type, any advice (real world) out there? I’ve looked online at bump it, and just cruises, both will do the job, wondering on other options that work well as a step AND a slider!

cheers p
White Knuckle Off Road

Get the 10° version and you can get "covers" to act as steps. Or do like I did and add grip tape to the bars.

Mike @ Bump ItI Offroad worked with me and changed the angle to make his sliders to make them a step, if I remember the "step" portion is a 15 degree angle from horizontal.

DSCN1289.JPG

20171112_113426.jpg

I used the 10degree WKOR sliders and added my own take on dirt bike peg grips.

No, they're made from 1/2" angle iron. The teeth were chopped out with my Bridgeport. If you search you'll find other images pre weld that show the grippers pretty well.

Bump it also sells 2x6 flat sliders also...
1616208423863.png

I think this is what I will likely go with, my off-road here is almost all remote backroads, little to no rock crawling. More true mountain backcountry (BC Canada) so the protection and ease of entry exit makes the most diff
Your in CANADA? Look up cruisinoffroad.com he can make custom stuff also.

image-1431409260.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been running Mike‘s (Bump it Off-road) sliders for almost 6 years. They have been perfect for me, stout enough to pivot on and sturdy enough to stand on while reaching up in the roof. The stockish look coupled with the side protection from mud and debris being thrown up on the side of the truck was the big selling factor.
1617802240562.jpeg

BTW - really nice guy, I just ordered his skid plates and very responsive and friendly!
Sounds like Jason at Cruisin' Offroad is done with bumpers/sliders. I got in touch with him late last year asking about a set of sliders for my 80, he's not making them anymore. He did have some remaining skid plate sets and may be still making them, but as for fabricating bumpers/sliders etc. he said that he won't be making them for the foreseeable future. Looks like he's focusing on custom Cruiser builds at his new shop which I think is in the Kootneys.

He did nice work, but I got the impression that sliders, and especially bumpers, are probably too labour intensive for the money. Too bad... for me getting a set of sliders shipped cross border from the US to Canada will be ridiculously expensive I'm sure.

I know that white knuckle ships worldwide so might be worth giving them a call and inquire about shipping...HTH
I’ve had my eye on them, as well as Metaltech, looks like they ship out of the US too. Pain in the a$$ that the border is still closed though, I have a commercial address that I ship to just across the border, makes buying in the US easy.

I like the look of your reduced 10 degree angle sliders, I’ll probably go that route too, I’m sure makes it easier to stand on them.

I made my slider rub rails angular so that there is a gap of about 1" from the bottom of the opened doors. The main tubing is 2 x 4 x 0.120 and the rails are 2" x 0.120" DOM. I don't know what the angles are but I like them a little steep for ease of access to roof stuff while not easily hanging on obstacles. They're also built so that the fattest part of the body is still inside the envelope, so to speak. This was done to prevent leaning against trees/rocks that juts out and eating body panels. You have to step on the bars before falling into the seats and in reverse during egress. Doing this also prevents breaking down of the outboard seat bottom bolsters since you aren't dragging your body across each time.

1617886960631.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom