Slee Short Bus (Or similar bumper) Auxiliary Lighting Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there is a thread from a couple years ago. However I wanted to see if anyone has done something new or creative for auxiliary lighting on their front bumper.

I'm not a huge fan of cubes so a light bar or round auxiliary lights are probably the way i'll go.

I was looking a copying this, however it looks like they do not make 14" light bars any more.
1583288440143.png

Second thought was seeing if Christo can give me the same HID set up he had, just waiting to find out cost.
1583287848274.png

Any one care to share their set up for inspiration?

I love my Baja LP6's - they'd be perfect on the Slee tabs...... I think Baja Design also make a short Stealth bar that might fit.... on my old 80 I ran Vision X light canons for a while ob the Slee - but the BD lights are far brighter with a much better punch and spread.

E

I'm not a huge fan of cubes so a light bar or round auxiliary lights are probably the way i'll go.

Managed to fit a 10" Baja Designs OnX6 below the center tube on custom mounts (didn't want to block FMIC). Need to relocate winch solenoid though. Stupid amount of light for a 10" with hi/lo

Last edited:
Bump...

Any other short bus light bar installs?

There are some good LED options out there but after having HIDs for the past several years I'm spoiled. Still no LED on the market that can match the distance of HIDs and when you're used to HIDs and then drive something with only LEDs its very disappointing no matter how good the lights are.

So, if you like driving fast in the desert at night, I'd suggest going for HIDs. As I get older and my reaction time slows down it is nice to see as far as possible to anticipate what's coming.

One day there will be LED tech that can match the distance of HIDs. When that happens I'll jump over to LEDs. If I didn't have HIDs, I'd run the Baja Designs LP9. But currently I have 3x Hella HIDs and a 42" lightbar that fills in everything between the truck and almost to the near edge of the HIDs throw.

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Reactions: MoJ
I was looking a copying this, however it looks like they do not make 14" light bars any more.
Based on the way they appear to be made I bet you can cut most any light bar down to what ever size you wish.

Baja Designs LP6 are great equipment and fit the Slee short bus well. I've been impressed with them thus far. The toggle switch for the hi/lo function is a nice bonus.

IMG_2665.JPG

Personally, I just want a couple of small amber fog pattern LEDs to run 24/7. I really don’t like the look of multi-LED pods so these Baja Designs S1 are appealing. Can be attached to optional plates and flush mounted, but not sure I want to cut holes in the Slee bumper.

Anyone have any experience with these 2 models:

Or

[/QUOTE]
but not sure I want to cut holes in the Slee bumper.

Yikes! Sacrilege. I can't imagine cutting a Short Bus up. That's a piece of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom