Slee front bumper vs Dissent Offroad front bumper pros and cons? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think both are excellent bumpers, it really comes down to what you like. I don't care for all the visible bolts on the Dissent bumper, the Slee looks cleaner to me.

And for those who want integrated fog lights - just pop 'em in there:

082717_Rigid_fogs.png

Christo has built top notch kit for years, it's amazing stuff, his shop is local to me and I have a set of sliders and rear tire carrier, each of them are dripping with quality.

Bens designs are spot on, I love the way they look and you have a few choices for options to dial in your order to get a semi custom design.

You could surprise me with either bumper and I'd be stoked.

If I had to buy one with my own cheddar, I'd pick the one I like the best. :bounce: you should too.

Christo has built top notch kit for years, it's amazing stuff, his shop is local to me and I have a set of sliders and rear tire carrier, each of them are dripping with quality.

Bens designs are spot on, I love the way they look and you have a few choices for options to dial in your order to get a semi custom design.

You could surprise me with either bumper and I'd be stoked.

If I had to buy one with my own cheddar, I'd pick the one I like the best. :bounce: you should too.

This is it 100%. Both are great, but greatness is in the eye of the beholder.

Definitely two solid options. I liked the modular design but wanted to make the bolts less visible. Brian at ACC Garage powder coated all of the hardware before assembly and installation.

full

I think both are excellent bumpers, it really comes down to what you like. I don't care for all the visible bolts on the Dissent bumper, the Slee looks cleaner to me.

082717_Rigid_fogs.png

What size light bar are you running and how did you end up mounting it? Been debating what size I can fit in their..

I dig the integrated fog lights, the look solid. Will definitely be a mod for mine down the road.

What size light bar are you running and how did you end up mounting it? Been debating what size I can fit in their..
Slee sells a Rigid 18" light bar, though I suspect you can find something similar that fits. IIRC, the mounting
brackets came with the light bar from Slee.

Keep seeing that Dissent is lighter but can't find info on what the difference really is. See that the Dissent bumper is about 95lbs but can't find the weight of the Slee other than "stout" or "heavy" or...or...

Keep seeing that Dissent is lighter but can't find info on what the difference really is. See that the Dissent bumper is about 95lbs but can't find the weight of the Slee other than "stout" or "heavy" or...or...

Shipping weight I believe was somewhere in the ballpark of around 150 pounds? maybe more..

It is pretty beefy.

Shipping weight I believe was somewhere in the ballpark of around 150 pounds? maybe more..

It is pretty beefy.

I'll add "beefy" to the list of weights quoted for the Blueberry. :D

Good job on the lights in the bumper. Which fairlead is that, and what are you running for line on your winch? I can't pull my line all the way in with the Slee hawse due to a large coil on the thimble splice on my Viking line. That looks like a bigger opening.

Good job on the lights in the bumper. Which fairlead is that, and what are you running for line on your winch? I can't pull my line all the way in with the Slee hawse due to a large coil on the thimble splice on my Viking line. That looks like a bigger opening.
Thanks - it's a Factor55 fairlead with synthetic line. Tightens up nicely.

082717_Rigid_fogs.png

What is the black outlining on your lights? Looks like an insert... I have the same lights in my 2007 and put in LED's but that contrast would match my black grille.

What is the black outlining on your lights? Looks like an insert... I have the same lights in my 2007 and put in LED's but that contrast would match my black grille.
They're Depo lights sold here on 'mud by ranma21.

I love my Dissent!

D882872F-8419-4091-B5B4-441A716BBBEE.jpeg

AEFD656B-2C5C-403E-B438-99AA76F4C389.jpeg

2796B1A2-BF26-4A21-B13D-AF686EB0A806.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom