Slee front bumper vs Dissent Offroad front bumper pros and cons? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The lines of the Slee look better IMO, but to do it again I go Dissent due to weight savings. I already had a slee rear, so the decision for the front was sort of already decided when i did need to replace after an accident

Sorry for the late reply . Forgot to check my box . The Amber's arw baja designs, the lense can easily be swapped out for clear or light pattern .

I selected the Dissent because:

Lighter weight (but clever bracing mitigates less use of steel)

Lovely construction quality (but slee is probably good too)

Can customize with stinger, bars, or like me, no bars, no light cutouts for minimalist look and lighter weight.

Can choose un-coated. I powder coated locally. Front bumper, rear bumper, and sliders all one color of my choice. Slee you just get what you get.

A little cheaper

I prefer the look and lines of the Dissent, simpler straighter lines that compliment ~2000 era styling of the LC. The Slee is a little "transformers" looking for me, but that's just personal taste.

Cons. Not much, can't say much against, but a couple of minor things:

3 piece makes it a bit more work to install than a one piece, more pieces to align and get correct.

Fasteners were not metric, which I think is odd because it is a metric truck. Would prefer metric.

Summary:
Mine is perfect for me, and working with Ben on my order was a pleasure.

View attachment 1609157 View attachment 1609158 View attachment 1609159
Hey, know you posted this a while ago, but still in love with your bumper? Pics look great. My '02 is black and I think this bumper in black would look pretty sharp. Did you do the install yourself? I'm also in Seattle (Ballard), but if I ever end up pulling the trigger I think I may have someone else do it for me and have to figure out who.

Hey, know you posted this a while ago, but still in love with your bumper? Pics look great. My '02 is black and I think this bumper in black would look pretty sharp. Did you do the install yourself? I'm also in Seattle (Ballard), but if I ever end up pulling the trigger I think I may have someone else do it for me and have to figure out who.

Is that your rig that’s always parked on Ballard Ave?

I walk my dog down there all the time and was admiring your rack and awning setup the other day. I just live up the street closer to Market St.
Next time you're walking your dog down here poke your head in and say hi. With our current Covid situation I'm here pretty much all day every day selling growlers and to-go cocktails. It looks like you have a bunch of the toys I want and would love to see your setup someday. Cheers! 🍻

Pros: it looks good
Cons: Other trucks look ugly

fr_2316.jpg

Hi everyone,

Appreciate the feedback.

As for the lights, is there a way to utilize the OEM Fog Light switch/wiring? I think it would be great to keep things as OEM as possible in the cabin.

I'll be going Dissent Front and Rear bumper in about a month.

Hi everyone,

Appreciate the feedback.

As for the lights, is there a way to utilize the OEM Fog Light switch/wiring? I think it would be great to keep things as OEM as possible in the cabin.

I'll be going Dissent Front and Rear bumper in about a month.
using that stock switch is easy to wire up1 pair of lights. Did you order already? I think the current lead time is 14 weeks. If not, place that order ASAP!

using that stock switch is easy to wire up1 pair of lights. Did you order already? I think the current lead time is 14 weeks. If not, place that order ASAP!

Have not ordered yet - haven't purchased my 100 series yet - think I am grabbing it the 3rd week of March from my seller! Once I get back into town, you best believe I will be placing that order.

But you know that Google Sheets build tab is well sorted and prepped to be blown through!

I selected the Dissent because:

Lighter weight (but clever bracing mitigates less use of steel)

Lovely construction quality (but slee is probably good too)

Can customize with stinger, bars, or like me, no bars, no light cutouts for minimalist look and lighter weight.

Can choose un-coated. I powder coated locally. Front bumper, rear bumper, and sliders all one color of my choice. Slee you just get what you get.

A little cheaper

I prefer the look and lines of the Dissent, simpler straighter lines that compliment ~2000 era styling of the LC. The Slee is a little "transformers" looking for me, but that's just personal taste.

Cons. Not much, can't say much against, but a couple of minor things:

3 piece makes it a bit more work to install than a one piece, more pieces to align and get correct.

Fasteners were not metric, which I think is odd because it is a metric truck. Would prefer metric.

Summary:
Mine is perfect for me, and working with Ben on my order was a pleasure.

View attachment 1609157 View attachment 1609158 View attachment 1609159
Gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom