Skidplates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a similar piece to the ones listed above, that is protecting a 420 and Orion in the Yellow truck....

GarageKam07-06-03-25.jpg

YellowOrion-6.jpg

Thanks for all the pics guys!

This has gotten the wheels turnin...

As a general consensus- what thickness plate would be recommended to use, if there was no reinforcement other than at the bolts to the frame?

Thanks again!

Poser said:
This is the skeleton of the one protecting the 465/Toybox/Orion in the Orange truck....it has 3/8" plate covering all openings, and has proven to work very well.

Orange-TO-26.jpg

Orange-TO-25.jpg

Poser, that is a thing of beauty. Added to my gallery. ;)

CruisinGA said:
As a general consensus- what thickness plate would be recommended to use, if there was no reinforcement other than at the bolts to the frame?

Mine is 1/4" steel and is only suported w/ the bolts to the frame. It is heavy as s*** and it has held up fine. Anything thicker would be almost impossable to move.

CruisinGA said:
Lets see what ya'll have fabbed up.

My 40 didn't even have a stock one when i got it. Tired of stressing while wheeling due to not having one.

Gonna order up some plate tomorrow and start fabbin.

What thickness plate would be recommended?

This is temporary, for the summer until I get the SM420 in.

Thanks
Sorry I don't have any pictures but on the Lexus project
"trailex" in 4 wheeler magazine they used a large polycarbonate cutting board that stuff is super strong and light weight, I am going to take the idea and try to make one like that on my 40., If anyone has already tried that ..pictures please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom