Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I watched for your guys car but never saw footage. Seemed like there must have been chaos on the trail after the first guys finished, it seemed like there was a giant gap before guys started crossing the finish again.

I watched for your guys car but never saw footage. Seemed like there must have been chaos on the trail after the first guys finished, it seemed like there was a giant gap before guys started crossing the finish again.
He was in the Legends Class. I don't think they got a ton of coverage. They followed the new bronco teams like a hawk though. The fastest big sponsor teams go at an insane pace and then the rest of the pack tend to really bunch up and break down.
When we finally caught up with my buddy getting his buggy outta the canyon I genuinely felt unsafe with the hoards of drunken crazies yelling at them. Luckily our team had 10 guys on it and we were all together which helped but it was still sketchy as hell. Even though the course was still being raced trucks kept trying to get on it and there would only be one or two race officials to stop them.
At one point a Toyota came screaming past the gates on the rev limiter and tried to bypass the official which would have put him head to head with our buggy being winched out. They got in a big shouting match and the dude finally turned around but if he had wanted to keep going he easily could have. I doubt I'd ever go back but it was a cool, bucket list, experience.

Couple pics of the late$t project.

Yes im a whore for CL :flipoff2:

How i found it.

Screenshot_20220219-132515.png

Hit it with power and it ran

PXL_20220219_211516464.jpg

Dated nov 1980

PXL_20220219_211528114.jpg

Some nasty sludge type stuff came out

PXL_20220223_024618171.jpg

Parts washer made shiny again

PXL_20220223_175812685.jpg

Bought a handful of parts to update it.
Motor is gtg. New cables, plastics and contactor otw.

Coming out cleeeaaaaan. Nice work Gnob.

Random question for everyone, does anyone have contact info for Matt? I need to get ahold of his address so I can ship a quilt I acquired when I got Ty's FJ80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom