Silicone Air Injector Pump Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Referring to the parts diagram at the start of this thread, did you replace hose #40 with the 1" Samco and hose #43 with the 7/8" Samco ?
Thanks. Do you have the info on the clamps you used ? I know for these silicone hoses the clamps have to be without serration and apply a constant torque.

I did not know about the need for special hose clamps and used regular ones. The PSI is very low. Under 10 so I don't think it will be much of an issue. Someone else should chime in about the clamps.

Mark.

I don't know. But, the Silicone hose I used still looks fine after 3-4 years and I recently replaced the smog pump and the hose was good. It would really be nice to sh*t can the smog pump all together, but maybe in some future California that will happen.
In post apocalyptic Kalifornia you'll be able to do whatever you want to your truck.
The future California will be all electric cars. Count on it.
It'll all be government owned and operated transportation. It might be electric. It might be bicycle. Anyone want to start working on a Flintstones conversion for the FJ60? Our Kali friends might need it soon.

I used normal clamps. Very low PSI on the smog pump. I is now June 2019 and no issues. I would use the proper clamps if used for a higher PSI application.

This thread has become very relevant. Using the diagram at the top of this thread, my #60 hose just gave up the ghost and the exhaust is baking everything around the air intake check valve just after the skinny exhaust pipe. Truck is running horribly. Could I use the Samco Superflex for that hose as well? Has anyone else done this? I believe the original part number is 17343-61020

This thread has become very relevant. Using the diagram at the top of this thread, my #60 hose just gave up the ghost and the exhaust is baking everything around the air intake check valve just after the skinny exhaust pipe. Truck is running horribly. Could I use the Samco Superflex for that hose as well? Has anyone else done this? I believe the original part number is 17343-61020

So.. I am not sure if a silicone hose will work at that spot. The air injection rail gets pretty hot and I am not certain if a special hose is used or not there. The PSI should be low still so there would not be a need for special clamps.

Silicon automotive hose is rated to a temp around 350F.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm looking for the same (hose #60 in previous diagram, part number 17343-61020). I think mine is in OK shape but would like to replace it, and the used options I see out there are $60+... anyone found hose that works that is ok with the high heat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom