Show me your dog platform setups (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.themirrorpool.com
We've added a pup to the mix for our adventures and once she's through her shots we'll be getting out on the trail as often as possible, including a long trip this summer. I'm planning on building some kind of platform on the passenger-side second row to give her a stable base and protected from the camping gear.

I'd like to see what solutions you all have come up with, so please post away.

Our girl - Gabby - will be 26-28 pounds when fully grown.

1219_MlleGabrielleTheFrenchie-1349.jpg

yeah my dog is around 50lbs, so she takes a bit more cargo space than i'd like, but is solid and doesn't move offroad.

IMG_5189.jpg

Kennel area is above fridge. I have a 60lbs Catahoula up there. You could probably just use the center console for yours? :)

View attachment 2175780
Pics of that Catahoula if you got em? I just realized that my "new" canine is one of these beasts. I just gotta see what others look like.

Pics of that Catahoula if you got em? I just realized that my "new" canine is one of these beasts. I just gotta see what others look like.

He was the runt of the litter and is now 'only' about 60 lbs (mom and dad were both registered show dogs, dad was 90 lbs and mom 75). Strongest dog I've every known. There isn't an ounce of fat. One solid piece of muscle. One cracked eye and one blue. Four color coat. Very handsome animal.

Catahoulas are very strong willed and take a lot to train (he's not the best, nor are we as owners). They're very smart, but their will and stubbornness can make them seem like they're not. However they're great with our kids (so so with stranger kids) and very good at protection. I worry about nothing at camp with Sarge around. He's the one they talk about in the saying 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight'. Cat, bear, or human and there's no way he'd ever back down.

High energy and needs to work. Would not be a good house/apartment dog. I run him on average 20 miles per week and that's not even tapping into his reserves. He's done half marathons with me and it only energized him. Even in the heat he keeps going.

Sarge.jpg

Last edited:
He was the runt of the litter and is now 'only' about 60 lbs (mom and dad were both registered show dogs, dad was 90 lbs and mom 75). Strongest dog I've every known. There isn't an ounce of fat. One solid piece of muscle. One cracked eye and one blue. Four color coat. Very handsome animal.

Catahoulas are very strong willed and take a lot to train (he's not the best, nor are we as owners). They're very smart, but their will and stubbornness can make them seem like they're not. However they're great with our kids (so so with stranger kids) and very good at protection. I worry about nothing at camp with Sarge around. He's the one they talk about in the saying 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight'. Cat, bear, or human and there's no way he'd ever back down.

High energy and needs to work. Would not be a good house/apartment dog. I run him on average 20 miles per week and that's not even tapping into his reserves. He's done half marathons with me and it only energized him. Even in the heat he keeps going.

View attachment 2176025
Great looking dog man, love the color. Hate to hijack this thread but had to ask. Funny thing is, I was just reading your starter thread as mine finally went out tonight at 152k on my 08 LC and I was out in the driveway trying to push/pull my dead rig around when my little guy came bolting out and I remembered to check for a reply. This is RPM:

B8A9CB6B-B0B8-4FF2-AF9B-EF27C3C5121B.jpeg

If our Brittany isn't laying on the 2nd row section of the folded out SS1 sleeper, she's on the main section of the SS1 in the cargo area.

When I had the platform carpeted, she was best off.

1578456895425.png

1578457033963.png

1578457164284.png

Bonus pic because I love her face here.
1578456955687.png

What is your platform itself made of, and what exactly are those legs you used? I like the look

That's the SS1 from Air Down Gear Up. I co-own the company with @Kyle Bell . We use 1/2", 11-ply Baltic Birch, Grade BB/B (the "good stuff"). The legs are aluminum extrusion, anodized black.

And back on-topic, any other pics of platforms based on the second row seats?

The rear of our truck is built out with a Goose Gear platform and fridge cabinet and is always full regardless of how long we'll be camping.

Matt
Unknown.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom