1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I pull the trigger?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by DuncMan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DuncMan

DuncMan

FCDEBB4E-B7F8-4452-B838-7DD6A8D98ED4.jpeg I went and test drove an 07 FJ, 6 speed, 136k on the clock. It rode really nice, and I love how it looks. Paint matched roof, lift, aftermarket rims with nice tires. There were a few things that I saw that I did not really care for like no rear head rests, no clicker for the doors, only 1 key, and a few little chips in the wind shield. It does have the factory rear locker. Dealer is asking 13800 which looks like a good price. What do you guys think?

2. alabamatacomaguy

alabamatacomaguy

I dig the color combo. The headrest may be able to be found somewhat easy lots of people myself included take them out and can forget about them so they get listed on forums forsale. I think I’ve seen owners post them after they sell their trucks and they find later.
    I don’t know comparable prices for trucks and mileage but seems like a good price.
    That looks like it may have a small lift. 6speeds are all wheel drive so gas mileage is alittle less but the fun to drive meter makes up for it.
    I would ask the dealer to cover the keys and a fob for you. 07 shouldn’t have a chipped key or anything to pricy.
    I would check the front cv boots to make sure they aren’t torn and the grease coming out. The chances of it happening are greater with a lift.

3. NyNomad

NyNomad

deduct $600 for a new windshield. deduct $100(or what ever the cost) for a key fod, check for inner fender bulge and rips. put in 4wd/ 4L and engage the locker to make sure it functions. As 'Bama suggested above, check the CV boots. crawl up under, look for damage/rust/spray paint spots/ evidence of rock crawling and check the frame rails for dirt and mud. could go as far as pulling off the plastic wire cover on the driver and passenger side to see what might be hiding under there(potential evidence of water intrusion) although not 100% accurate, check the carfax and not the one they give you. you can always go up, I would start at $9k.. at his asking price it's almost $1

4. ttFJC

ttFJC

you should let it warm up and stand outside of it and see if any noise comes out of the clutch housing. might try to rev it about 2500 to see if you hear anything. If it squeaks and immediately disappears with pressure on the clutch pedal you have the awesome throw out bearing chirp. sounds like crickets. not a big deal, but annoying and expensive to fix, might as well do the clutch at the same time.

But yeah see if they come down on price but ABSOLUTELY GET AN FJC!

5. DuncMan

DuncMan

Well the trigger has been pulled, and I could not be happier!

6. lgrt

lgrt

congrats

7. ttFJC

ttFJC

AWESOME!

:clap: NOW THERE'S LIKE 10 FJC'S ON MUD!

8. alabamatacomaguy

alabamatacomaguy

Congrats on getting one

Post up some pics
    We are all here to check out these trucks

9. LasCrucer

LasCrucer

^^^ What he said - gotta have those pics - STAT!