Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Typical 850/860 30mm front spacer fzj80 on 315’s.
I have the normal Ome shocks. Plan has been to put L’s Atleast in the front.
Did usery pass to Apache junction sat. And the lack of travel was annoying. I’m open open. The type of lines I’m used to trying seemed to just pick a tire up and spin. So from my exhaustive reading Doetsch shocks are cheaper option. (Ran on my Jeep and was happy. “Cheap” long options.)
But I understand too much flex is hard on brackets. But it seems like flex is left on the table with the ome’s and the L’s.
Anyone running the Doetsch shocks? Definitely looking at cheaper options. This is a dual duty family rig after all

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_3425.png

I did, hated them and replaced them with OME after a few months. Not enough dampening for my liking. I am now running Icons up front and like them better than OME, but OME were pretty good. My OME did blow out seals after 1/2 dozen higher speed trail runs. I really liked the factory shocks too, but they are too short. I would steer clear of the Doetsch shocks, wish someone warned me off before I wasted the $.

Looks like L’s and call it a day.

I had Doetsch 812SS didnt like them, too soft & non charged.
You want a charged shock in front & non charged in rear to prevent rearing up in hard breaking turns.

Might be a dumb question but I have to ask. You mentioned issues with flexing, were you running with the front sway bar connected? Check out @LandCruiserPhil he has a setup for a QD front sway-bar.

Ended up just trying some shock extenders. Got almost 3” of extra droop. “Not flexed”. Doing broken arrow sat. See how it works.

IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

This works great!! Btw. Thinking of adding a pair to the rear now. According to the dirt line on the shaft with stock bumps I still have 1” of shaft left. So they aren’t bottoming out either

Another vote against DT shocks. They were fine on my long armed WJ, but way under-gunned on my 80 series. OME are a relatively durable budget shock… but loaded down in a family rig, they should do fine.

The extenders are probably a good temp fix for you. I used them on a Tundra for a month, but would be wary of them long term ( more points of potential failure). Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom