Shirley's Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New stuff is installed!
  • Trollhole carburetor
  • Carb insulator
  • Vacuum lines
  • PCV grommet
  • Valve cover grommets
  • Oil-fill cap gasket
  • Valve cover gasket
  • Denso spark plugs (.031 gap)
  • Distributor rotor
  • Fuel Filter
All OEM parts except for the THC, vac lines, and spark plugs. Also cleaned a lot of stuff "while I was in there." Last week I did the valve lash adjustment. Did it cold and added .002" to the FSM specs. Got some help from Ryan (@CaptClose) the next day figuring out the vacuum lines with the TH carb. It's not perfect yet and there are still some lines I'm going to add once I get a VCV in the mail.

Also this happened.

IMG_6111.JPG

Proud husband.

What does the inside of the old cap look like? See any scorch marks or anything? While the old plug looks dirty it doesn't really seem fouled or anything, just used and dirty.

What does the inside of the old cap look like? See any scorch marks or anything? While the old plug looks dirty it doesn't really seem fouled or anything, just used and dirty.

A few of the plugs were pretty bad. I posted a pic of the worst one further up. Are you referring to the inside of the distributor cap? If so, it was actually pretty clean.

I drove the truck to work today and it's running WAY better after the new plugs, rotor, and fuel filter. And now I have peace of mind. FWIW, the old plugs were AC Delco.

I remember the pix of his old plugs and some were completely black. One of mine was like that recently when I pulled them for a look see. I labeled the plug wire of that one and will keep an eye on it to see how quick it fouls.

That looks like it is coming my way... know that we are supposed to start getting rain tomorrow but that looks a bit more ominous.

My God, it looks like Thor is about to open up on you....

Great Picture. Storm chaser FJ60.

Yeah, that was some of the weirdest weather I've ever seen. The clouds looked like this over the entire city. It lasted for about 15 minutes before it started pouring rain. It reminded me of duck-diving under waves.

o2_3kvmj1d_YyRp1H7JqavFvTimzP7mLku6klqb1zuA.jpg

Well, I figured out a noise that I've had for several months. I initially thought it was clutch related, but when the noise went away when I had the top half of the fan shroud off and then came back when I put the fan shroud back I had a :idea: moment. Guess I've got a busted motor mount. I took a look at the fan blades and found this:

IMG_6158.JPG

Also, last week I noticed some stuff on the end caps on my rear bumper. The house next door is getting renovated and they recently painted.... and now I have overspray ALL over the 60. I didn't notice it at first because it's white paint and my truck was dirty. Tried pressure washing it off today at the car wash, but no luck. You can't really see it on the white paint, but the whole truck feels like 220 grit. So, that will be a fun talk with the neighbor.

IMG_6154.JPG

On an unrelated note, Shirley doubles as a ladder for taking down Christmas lights. Don't judge me...

IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6157.JPG

Last edited:
New driver side motor mount is in! Should've been a really easy job... but every 30 minute job has to take take at least an hour. Or two.

Ryan (@CaptClose) cleaned my driver side hub and now it locks again!

Made a couple tweaks to get it running better, but something is still off. I need to call Marshall at @Trollhole to get it sorted out. The engine just won't run very well without the choke pulled to at least half way.

That paint will definitely be on them. They were doing something on their property that caused your property harm. Take lots of pixs and let them know that if you have to call your insurance for the claim then they will then go to their insurance for payback. Betting its a only $500 deductible tho....

Got all of the latex paint over-spray cleaned up and they did a decent wax job. They didn't push it too hard because I still have original paint and it's starting to get pretty thin. Of course, when I took it in the weather decided it was going to rain for a few days. Here she is sitting outside of my office window.

IMG_6290.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah that is the easiest way to get weather in your area, just go wash your vehicle REALLY well and normally with 24hrs there will be a storm, if not sooner.

Added some fun stuff. A set of BFG KO2 33x10.5's and some Hellas for the front. They're not wired yet, though. I forgot they had been sitting in the garage, so I just bolted them up. I'll get around to wiring them eventually.

I've also been dealing with the truck running like crap the past few months after putting the TH carb on. Tried tuning, but never could get it right. It would idle smooth, but as soon as you accelerate it was off. I finally put the old carb back on and it runs fine for now. It idles high, and needs a rebuild soon. It seems the carb is "pulling" the accelerator pedal. I have to hold the pedal up with decent force for it to idle around 750. Without my foot it idles around 1000-1200. And that wasn't happening with the TH carb. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

IMG_6389.JPG

Last edited:
I like your new set up, looks good!

Thanks, man! One thing at a time. Just need to go get on some dirt and enjoy it now.
Rebuild that carb. Yet another right of passage....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom