Server response time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

land crusher

Morgen, morgen nur nicht heute...
Threads
Just an FYI, since the server upgrade a few days ago I'm seeing some really slow server response times every so often. I'd estimate that about one in ten server requests is met with a slow response—say 20 or more seconds. Ping times are good (under 30 ms), and the page starts to load immediately (shows about a 15% progress bar right away) but then hangs for a while as if MySQL is bogged. This never happened pre-upgrade. Just thought I'd let you know.

Tkx for the feedback, there are a ton of tweaks yet to be made....and the info helps!

Thanks for the input. No web side caching is enabled which puts more stress on the database. Are you only noticing this during peak times, or all the time? I have noticed it myself, but not sure what times I have noticed it, but it hasn't been often.

Once the stress testing is done and settings optimized we will turn on caching and that will provide even more of a "zoom" factor from this server.

Thanks for the input. No web side caching is enabled which puts more stress on the database. Are you only noticing this during peak times, or all the time? I have noticed it myself, but not sure what times I have noticed it, but it hasn't been often.

Once the stress testing is done and settings optimized we will turn on caching and that will provide even more of a "zoom" factor from this server.

I tend to use the site throughout the day, say between 8 am and midnight pacific and have experienced it throughout that range. I figured it was probably a post-migration tuning issue.

Yep, I've noticed the slow response, too. It has been slow throughout the day.

Ah, here's the post I was looking for!

Yeah, I've been noticing this as well for the past several days. Sorry, I didn't take note of when I first started seeing it. Sometimes pages will load slowly. Currently(as I type), I'm trying to search the 100 series forum and I'm getting a 500 timeout. The forum page itself loads fine, even on refresh.

I have also noticed this happening around the clock. I'll frequently thumb through posts around dinner time and late in the evening and see slow loads and timeouts. So I don't think what I'm seeing correlates to high activity times. Just my 2 cents.

Let me know if you still notice it from here on out (from time of this post).

If you DO notice it, let me know if it is more often or less often or about the same as it has been.

Well, I haven't noticed any issues since my previous post and I assume that no news is good news. :)

I had one when I first jumped on, about 6:20a local time....but no noted oddities since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom