Seeking all Saginaw conversion experts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NSP

Threads
Hello Mud Community, my mechanic and I are in the midst of a power steering conversion for my 1979 FJ40 with 2F.
Please see attached photo, this is the kit I bought on eBay, can any of the experts out there tell me if these brackets are correct for mounting the power steering pump to the 2F? Thank you in advance!

40F97BDD-1D43-4F09-8758-ACDCDD8A396A.jpeg

I don't know about brackets for the pump, but most of those parts look like they came off a late 70's Jeep CJ7 or CJ5. You might be able to use the steering box if you get the proper box mounting kits from one of the vendors on this site or make the brackets needed to attach the box to the frame. The TRE is not FJ40 too.

Thank you for your response, yes he ended up using a portion of the old linkage.

I did purchase the man-a-fre welding bracket for the steering gear.

Which bracket manufacturer would you recommend I purchase for the pump?

These people have a large supply of components for steering conversions. Not sure if they have what you need but may be worth a call.

65swb45, I just left you a message.
Thanks, NSP

Drake2, Thank you for your post, I will check it out ...

65swb45, I just left you a message.
Thanks, NSP

Thanks for the call; sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you yesterday. Your hunch is correct: my bracket is not compatible with the factory smog pump.

Here's an old pic I had in my files. I believe a vendor here offers them or did. Looks like it may work with a smog pump but I don't know. Maybe someone here will recognize it and have more info.

PmpMtrMnt 01.jpg

Thanks guys! Any idea where I can get this bracket?

Steamer, Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom