Secondary fuel filters and lift pumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Secondary fuel filter myths
A good video here from G-turbo.

So he claims any 4-6psi lift pump is good for diesels. But which one to go with? anyone have recommendations? Anyone running a lift pump in there diesel?

I can see this beneficial if running alternate fuels or if in cold climate.

I have a bosch hand pump on my 2h injector pump, it pumps easier than the oem and you don't have to push and lock it down. It is better.

I have a donaldson secondary fuel filter which has an acrylic water separator at the bottom. I use to have the cumbersome delphi glass one but found it a pia with leaks. The donaldson one just screws on, easy. It is better than the delphi and akin, imo. I ditched my fuel sedimentor and rely on the donaldson to remove water from fuel.

I have a bosch hand pump on my 2h injector pump, it pumps easier than the oem and you don't have to push and lock it down. It is better.

I have a donaldson secondary fuel filter which has an acrylic water separator at the bottom. I use to have the cumbersome delphi glass one but found it a pia with leaks. The donaldson one just screws on, easy. It is better than the delphi and akin, imo. I ditched my fuel sedimentor and rely on the donaldson to remove water from fuel.
flow is still ok with the secondary fuel filter? I'm starting to think a lift pump would help to push fuel thru multiple fuel filters

I get 11.3km/l if I drive like slow miss daisy. Donaldson is good.

If I am on the same page,lost marbles did a good write up on changing over to the bosch hand primer pump. Sorry if I am confusing the lift pump with the hand prime pump.

I get 11.3km/l if I drive like slow miss daisy. Donaldson is good.

If I am on the same page,lost marbles did a good write up on changing over to the bosch hand primer pump. Sorry if I am confusing the lift pump with the hand prime pump.
seeking info on electric pusher lift pumps.

I have a small pusher pump mounted close to the tank and I'm using a racor filter/water seperator. Added the pump to take up any possible slack from the filter and eliminate any drain-back between the filter and tank. Added benefit is that filter changes are a piece of cake, just need to turn the key to "ignition on" and the system primes itself. I also carry a piece of fuel hose in the truck so that I can bypass it in case the pump ever fails.

Nothing special needed in my opinion, I'm just using a simple 4-6ish psi pump that can be picked up at most any autoparts store.

oh, I see, sorry. I use to have a little pump from a second tank on a bj40. It was a small simple generic thing, just switched it on to pump fuel to the main tank, lasted much more than 10 years and still works as far I know. Certainly pumped faster than fuel combustion use.

Are you wanting one for veg oil? Or your straight diesel fuel?

I may just get a FASS fuel system

but mainly I'm interested in the pusher pump for our cold winters and the ease of bleeding the fuel system

must admit, we don't get much weather below freezing, so no experience to little with it's challenges. Hand priming with the bosch pump is much easier and better than the ome.

Thanks for the link is isnt that one too much PSI?

i found this one by airtex its right in the range for 4-6PSI

1662667101523.png

No idea.....what can it do if the pressure is too high?

No idea.....what can it do if the pressure is too high?
I donno you tell me? How long have you been running with your setup? Any known issues? Any leaks develop? Any odd noise coming from your VE pump?

As I said before, I've been running it over 4 years. The IP generates the 2000+ psi required to crack the injectors so I can't imagine a 5psi difference on the inlet side would be interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom