Seat Patch Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI
I've tried searching with no luck, which surprises me. Tried different search words/phrases. Maybe I'm not searching correctly? If someone can post a link to any existing threads regarding my question below, I'd appreciate it.

I have a 100 series with the typical driver seat outside seam tear. It's about 3 to 4 inches long. I don't want to use a seat cover as I fear the original seat will just continue to get worse underneath the cover. I'm hoping to find a way to help to stop the progression. Or slow it down.
The first thing I have done is get some leather conditioner (the 303 brand) so I'll start treating the seats ASAP. Again, if I use a cover it will be difficult to continue to condition the leather.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has had luck with any patch or kit on the market that actually works. I can also do a little stitching as needed. But I don't think I can just stitch the current leather as it will probably just keep ripping. I'm thinking maybe I can put a patch underneath and stitch through that. So if there are any recommended good quality patches I can look into it.
Or of course if there is any other recommended method.

Thanks for any help
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom