SDHQ vs Trail Tailor Hidden Winch mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BadReligion

SILVER Star
Threads
Forgive me if this has already been addressed but I could not find a thread comparing them.

The SDHQ is almost twice the cost of the Trail Tailor mount, but looks like it does provide a few added features like additional mounting brackets to reinforce the stock bumper, as well as the ability to mount the winch control box.

Am I missing anything else here that would explain the significant difference in price?

I run several Warn winches, but might give the Badlands Apex 12000 a try in the 200.

I've purchased this SDHQ but have not yet installed in vehicle with a Platinum 12S. Price id all SDHQ stuff seems a it steep, but they do seem to think things through with added feature. I was hesitant with the Tail Tailor HWM in its lack of 'wing' support.

I've purchased this SDHQ but have not yet installed in vehicle with a Platinum 12S. Price id all SDHQ stuff seems a it steep, but they do seem to think things through with added feature. I was hesitant with the Tail Tailor HWM in its lack of 'wing' support.

I'd agree. Pricey but pretty well thought out and designed. I also prefer a little extra wing support for the bumper. As much as I like Trail Tailor stuff, I think I'm going with the SDHQ mount.

I had a trail tailor hidden winch mount before I went to a full bumper and it was great. Wing support is completely unnecessary and concerns over it are overblown. All of Jason's products are well made.

Last edited:
LFD is about to release this for 08-15 LCs. They already have the one for the LX available for order.

IMG_1480.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom