SD-40 carburetor sight glass question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I found this sight glass for my SD-40 carburetor. It fits but I don't believe it's original. Does anyone have any information on this Nikki glass? I have never seen one like this.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Thanks
Mark

Stouts had similar glass.

Thank you for the information.

I think an 1/8" piece of flat glass would be sufficient to seal the carbs that don't have their tin plates anymore. And I think someone like @Land Cruiser Junky would have the talent and the dedication to make them.

Maybe he will chime in.

I have 1 new oem one. Do you guys think several people would want one? I could check on getting it reproduced.

Last edited:
I have 1 new one one. Do you guys think several people would want one? I could check on getting it reproduced.
i'm assuming you're talking glass? i could use one

now to just find someone to repro the tin behind the glass . i need two of those

That looks pretty easy to make

here are the pics of 1 of mine. I'm willing to lend it out, last guy tried and couldn't find anyone to reproduce it.

DSCF1656.JPG

DSCF1657.JPG

DSCF1658.JPG

I have 1 new one one. Do you guys think several people would want one? I could check on getting it reproduced.

Not 100%sure, but pretty sure I've got two carbs that need them.

I too tried to have these reproduced several years ago. I really wanted this to happen. There were several factors that made it cost prohibitive for me.

The tooling that would need to be made to facilitate production was very exspesive, not a huge demand for these by our members, and the blue color coating/etching processes for the background with the Asian lettering on it.

If you can make this happen that would be fantastic. We have some very resourceful members here on Mud, so I'm hopeful. I personally would be in for ten or so depending on price.

Good luck, I hope this can actually happen this time.

I too tried to have these reproduced several years ago. I really wanted this to happen. There were several factors that made it cost prohibitive for me.

The tooling that would need to be made to facilitate production was very exspesive, not a huge demand for these by our members, and the blue color coating/etching processes for the background with the Asian lettering on it.

If you can make this happen that would be fantastic. We have some very resourceful members here on Mud, so I'm hopeful. I personally would be in for ten or so depending on price.

Good luck, I hope this can actually happen this time.

I couldn't remember who I sent it to years ago for a reproduction. the pics are the 1 I sent you and then you sent back to me.

Yes Paul, I was very thankful for your help. I really wanted to get these done.

I think when you open the hood on one of these old early cruises and you see that single barrel Aisan carburetor staring at you with that blue plate, it's just cool.

I hope this comes to fruition.

I think the blue tins were e-65 or mid 66 and gray was mid 66-67?

I only guess mid 66 because that’s what my keystar carb rebuild kit starts.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom