Scion t1819 BT HU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RockJock82

Sometimes you have to kick a little A$$
Threads
SO I have been looking for a cheap replacement for my stock LX450 deck and I got a killer deal on a Pioneer t1819 out of a 2012 Scion. The HU comes with Sat radio capability, HD radio (built in), one set of pre outs, I-Pod controller, single disc and hands free bluetooth (which was a must). The HU plugs directly into the factory harness just like the earlier Scion decks do. I am also using a factory Scion Bazooka 8in built in amp sub as well, which the deck controls. Where it gets tricky is within the BT wiring, but I have it all figured out thanks to a friend in Germany who help built the schematic. I will be using the mic and preamp for the BT out of a 04 Toyota Prius. Comparing this deck to the stock one, the Scion deck is a little wider so I may have to get creative on mounting it. Should be getting the mic and amp next week and I will post photos of the install as I do it. Stay tuned!

Jonathan-

IMG00956.jpg

Much better then the t1815?

Seen one on eBay..doesn't please me anesthetically

I'd be very interested in seeing how hard it is to get the bluetooth working as I've seen a few of these pop up on Craigslist. Will it bluetooth stream music or just do phone calls?

I'd be very interested in seeing how hard it is to get the bluetooth working as I've seen a few of these pop up on Craigslist. Will it bluetooth stream music or just do phone calls?

Bluetooth hook up is not bad at all and yes it will bluetooth stream music and phone calls. The HU isnt very fancy but im not worried about the look Im more interested in the features. I almost bought the t1815 but feature wise the t1819 kills it.. My mic and preamp will show up this week so I will install it this week for sure.

How much bigger then stock is it?

Gonna trim something?

Any idea how hard it is to get the sat radio working? If I can do bluetooth music and XM I'd definitely get this deck.

For a stock hu the 1815 doesn't look bad at all..knobs are a bit big..but it looks more balanced..IMO
Cant argue its a good looking HU but no BT, which was the deal breaker for me. I hate holding a phone to my head while I drive...

Any idea how hard it is to get the sat radio working? If I can do bluetooth music and XM I'd definitely get this deck.

According to the manual it is SAT ready. Here is a link to the PDF of the HU manual. Check it out. http://www.scion.com/assets/pdf/audio/2012_Pioneer_Audio.pdf

Do you use it with an ipod? If so, how quickly does it scroll through albums/songs for selection? I find my T1815 tediously slow...

Well I got the HU all wired up and it WORKS! BT streams music (Pandora) and picks up and hangs up phone calls. I also was able to get my ipod hooked up as well. Just like the 1815T this HU gives you full control of the ipod and it isnt bad scrolling at all. Sometime this week I will get it installed all the way and post photos.

Well I got the HU all wired up and it WORKS! BT streams music (Pandora) and picks up and hangs up phone calls. I also was able to get my ipod hooked up as well. Just like the 1815T this HU gives you full control of the ipod and it isnt bad scrolling at all. Sometime this week I will get it installed all the way and post photos.
Good to hear...looking forward to the pics and install info.

I just ordered one off ebay, and I'm figuring out a mic... Apparently there is a kit, PT546-74120-MC for the microphone. Its about $50... did you figure out a mic cheaper than that?
Thanks!

Have you been able to get it fully installed? Any pictures? Thanks

Here is an update. The HU is fully installed and works great. I followed the other threads here on Mud on installing a Scion HU then added my twist to get the BT and IPOD functional. The first picture is of the Prius preamp and mic. All that is needed is to cut off the red/black/yellow connector and splice into the harness on pic #2 and mount the mic anywhere that is close to the driver. I cut into one of the blank slot covers and drilled some holes and glued the mic on the back of the cover. Im going to redo it because I think it looks like ****, but thats all good cause it works!. Third pic is of the back showing the grey connector where I cut and spliced a USB cable into the line. Some people but the adapter to connect, but I was on a budget so I soldered the wires. Lastly I installed a Scion factory 8in Bazooka woofer that came with the wiring that connected right into the HU (also had a built in amp). I can post a wiring schematic if anyone is interested. :beer:
prius_mic+preamp.jpg
1819t.jpg
t1819.jpg

Here are some more pics of the install
deck.jpg
mic.jpg
sub.jpg

I just ordered one off ebay, and I'm figuring out a mic... Apparently there is a kit, PT546-74120-MC for the microphone. Its about $50... did you figure out a mic cheaper than that?
Thanks!

I do not believe that mic will work.. But you can give it a try! I bought my preamp and mic off Ebay for 50 dollars to my door. They come in the over head light assembly. Mine was out of an 05 I believe.

Is this one plug and play as far as the harness is like the 1815???

Need a new head unit soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom