Sandblasting cabinet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at a small sandblasting cabinet on sale but I only have a 30 gallon compressor. I know sandblasting requires alot of cfm. I'm not doing my frame or anything but would like to do small parts. Would this work out or would I get 10 sec and then quit? The guy at the parts store said "intermittent use"?? Any input on what you use in your own shop would be great, I know I should have got the 60 gallon compressor.

Cheers,

My sand blasting experience:

I got a small blast cabinet from Harbor freight, think it cost 60$, got it to blast a FAL for re-parkerization,

put media in (glass bead) and was rewarded with it coming out of every single seam, some of the gaps on the bottom were near 1/4", spent a day sealing it up after that,

once I finally got it running I could blast for maybe a minnute or two and then there was not enough pressure, stop wait for the compressor to build up pressure repeat over and over, that is "intermittent use" it was slow going but it did work,

I have a POS "5hp" craftsman oiless, the HP ratings when I bought mine were way over stated, someone has got them recently and the way they are rated is more realistic now,

To sandblast continuously you want a cast iron oiled multistage 220v compressor.

I gave the cabinet it was not worth storing,

Last edited:
I see. Not looking too good. I think I will hold off for now or see if my Dad has a spot for it in the future as he has a 60 gal compressor.

Thanks for the info,

I went with a sandy jet from northern. It's all one piece and made of plastic. Works great. If you buy a cheap one. Either prepare to get some silicone and seal it up well or buy an all plastic one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom