This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCNuts

SILVER Star
Threads
I posted this on the Upstate thread but wanted to share here as well

This is a trip that has been developing in my mind for a few years that I finally gotten around to making it happen. The purposed idea is a two night camping weekend in the Sand Hills State Forest and on private land. There are not many rock obstacles or steep hill climbs in our region so don't expect a lot wheeling. If you really want to justify your 4wd the I will be glad to set you up with a mud hole. This will mainly be a family friendly camping weekend. Everything can be accomplished with a stock vehicle and there will be opportunities for gas and grocery stores along the way. I will provide a group meal Saturday night otherwise you are responsible for own food

Dates are Friday 1/26 - Sunday 1/28

Day/Night 1 - Camp at the Sand Hills State Forest. I have reserved a campsite at Hunter's Pond which should accommodate 6-8 vehicles. There is not a restroom or shelter at this sight so plan accordingly. I can reserve another campsite if enough interest arises. The site is on a pond so bring a fishing pole if that's what you are into.

Day 2 - We will take a riding tour of the Sand Hills State Forest and the Sand Hills Wildlife Refuge with a few stops along the way. We will stop for lunch somewhere, possibly Wild Heart Brewery if time permits. We will then make our way to our farm in the Bishopville, SC area. Exact location to be disclosed off the web for those attending. More fishing opportunities at this location. Saturday night we will provide a group meal and a bond fire.

Also note that alcohol is not allowed in the state forest but we are adults here so make your own decision.

Plans subject to change if better ideas develop.

Useful Links:
www.scfc.gov

Sand Hills State Forest - South Carolina Forestry Commission

Our mission is to protect, promote, and enhance South Carolina’s forests for the benefit of all.
www.scfc.gov
wildheartbrewing.com

Our Story — Wild Heart Brewing Company

wildheartbrewing.com
wildheartbrewing.com

"Most campsites have a picnic table, fire ring or fireplace and trash can. There are three restroom facilities: one near Mountain Pond, one at Sugarloaf Mountain and one at the equine camping area."

Is the bathroom situation where you could drive to a facility or are we digging holes?

"Most campsites have a picnic table, fire ring or fireplace and trash can. There are three restroom facilities: one near Mountain Pond, one at Sugarloaf Mountain and one at the equine camping area."

Is the bathroom situation where you could drive to a facility or are we digging holes?
You could drive to the facility, I would guess about a mile. Same for Saturday night as well.

Dealing with some family health stuff, but baring any issue, my son an I are in

Is camp the second night at the farm or back at the campsite?

Put me down as a definitely maybe, I've been to that area multiple times (mostly for the Sandblast Rally) and enjoy it.

Won't be able to make it as this coincides with the Rolex 24 which I'm attending this year

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together. It was a needed January Trip
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3749.jpeg
IMG_3745.jpeg
IMG_3743.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom