For Sale San Francisco 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Tan
I went and looked at this one the other day. Super nice guy selling it. Said it's been in storage for the last 25 years. Runs and drives fine. He said his brother bought it locally, but didn't know where it was before that. From the amount of rust/cancer I'm guessing this is not a California truck. It has been repainted a long time ago. A lot of the original parts are there for someone looking for a pretty complete 40. Even the PTO winch works, but the brackets are broken. There's a fair amount of rust repair required in the normal spots. There was a weird switch panel in the middle of the dash and I'm guessing that it will take some electrical clean up once you remove it. All in all I've seen a lot worse sell for more.

I went and looked at this one the other day. Super nice guy selling it. Said it's been in storage for the last 25 years. Runs and drives fine. He said his brother bought it locally, but didn't know where it was before that. From the amount of rust/cancer I'm guessing this is not a California truck. It has been repainted a long time ago. A lot of the original parts are there for someone looking for a pretty complete 40. Even the PTO winch works, but the brackets are broken. There's a fair amount of rust repair required in the normal spots. There was a weird switch panel in the middle of the dash and I'm guessing that it will take some electrical clean up once you remove it. All in all I've seen a lot worse sell for more.
Not mine - No affiliation - $13,500
Looking at the photos does anyone know if the fuel venting to the center seat is stock? I have a 72 and mine doesnt have this.

Looking at the photos does anyone know if the fuel venting to the center seat is stock? I have a 72 and mine doesnt have this.

I don't think that fuel venting location is stock. Looks like work of mad scientist Cruiser owner. Too bad the dash was cut for stereo, and Twiggies chest plate was attached to dash, ( Buck Rogers in the 25th century's robot side kick).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom