Salt Lake City: 1991 HDJ RHD Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Alright, this is my unicorn, I searched high and low, found it, and fell in love. I was once a Taco man, but that was only because I was young and naïve, I settled until I found this majestic beast. I bought it last year; honestly, I haven’t even enjoyed it as I should’ve due to COVID, finishing school and four kids. It wasn’t until my wife (yes, she’s pretty smoking hot) told me she was late that I genuinely understood I wasted a full year with this fantastic piece of machinery just wasting away in my garage.

Why am I selling?

Well, let's just keep it real with everyone… I am a father of soon to be five, my wife stays at home, and I am just a former grunt living his AMERICAN DREAM!! So, I know if I want my super hot wife to let me continue to watch sports, lift weights, golf, finish my doctorate and still get enough “adult time” to never have a complaint, its time to sell this fantastic rig and buy us a bigger home.

BF Goodrich KO2 (5) – Brand new

2 new Duracell batteries

Timing belt kit-HDJ- 1/13/2020

Powerstop brake kit- 1/13/2020

Caster correction plates- 1/13/2020

OME Sport Shocks- 1/13/2020

Sway bar bushing set- 1/13/2020

Extended stainless brake hoses- 1/13/2020

OEM Toyota drive belts- 1/13/2020

Leading Arm bushings- 1/13/2020

Delta rear panhard bracket

Rear seat ashtray USB chargers

ARB Front and Rear bumpers

Warn Evo winch

Frame Sliders (White knuckle)

Baja amber driving lights

Prinsu 80 series roof rack

Full ceramic tint

Method wheels

4x4 Labs jerry can holder things hahah

Stereo system fully replaced with Alpine stereo system

Newly painted (2020)

Interior is original, it is in great condition, no holes, burns or rips

Stock fridge works perfectly

AC/Heat run great

Truck runs to perfection imo

Snorkel

ARB Air onboard

CENTER/REAR lockers
hdj.jpg

Remote start
Security system

I am sure there are other things that I have done.

I have receipts for about 99 percent of the things done to this truck, I purchased it and have taken it to the same cruiser shop that it been brought to since imported from Japan. I will post several photos in the coming days once I am back from one last camp out with the fam. Please feel free to ask questions, tell
me how much you don’t like my rig or the price, and or just be a cool dude and pass the word on a cool rig looking for a matching owner.

47K OBO..

Also, I am very new to this and or dumb, I posted like 3, I am not a scammer. I am just low on brain cells!

C742A8B6-788D-4A9C-BFE9-542384DACE15.jpeg

158DFE76-FA21-4B53-A91F-86FBF2359335.jpeg

B430479D-FD7B-46C0-B9F4-A1EBD2471E61.jpeg

2202B439-15E1-428B-B32A-6C7B47440EC4.jpeg

5D453818-031C-47A1-8443-493EEED8822B.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know but isn’t your price kinda steep? No offense,it’s a gorgeous rig but I’ve seen other HDJ’s with some fantastic mods for $25k less asking price?

GLWS

I don’t know but isn’t your price kinda steep? No offense,it’s a gorgeous rig but I’ve seen other HDJ’s with some fantastic mods for $25k less asking price?

GLWS
Thanks man! You know I can’t tell you if it will sell for anywhere near 55k, but I’ll take legit offers. Just figured I would move people along that weren’t truly interested.

Thanks man! You know I can’t tell you if it will sell for anywhere near 55k, but I’ll take legit offers. Just figured I would move people along that weren’t truly interested.

Gotcha but that could also back fire on you possibly? Let’s say you do have a potential buyer,with that high number it could very well scare them off?.....either way she is a beauty bud and I wish you all the very best on the sale and good luck on that new home search👍

Schfifty Five!

This would probably be a far better candidate for something like BAT.

That’s a nice truck and I wish you luck but I think you are priced way too high. My truck is more built and half the price. Just my .02

Smoking hot wife comes at a smoking hot price.

Did he say something about his wife being attractive, I must have missed that.... :rolleyes:

If this HDJ81 in Saratoga Springs is any indication, you might be waiting a while. It has been listed and re-listed over and over for what seems like a year+ at $38k. Having owned a low-mile and very clean HJ61 and being a part of several other import transactions, my honest opinion is that it won't sell unless it is sub $30k, but it's not my truck to sell. If I hear any interest in something like yours I will pass them along. GLWS.

I appreciate the feedback, I’m in no rush and if it doesn’t sell it’s all the more reason to drive it for years to come. Have a good one brother

After some humbling education I have realized my truck was overpriced. So, 40k OBO. Thanks for checking it out.

Your KSL ad shows $37,842. I'd give mud the better deal than KSL....

You seem pretty indecisive on the price, coming down 20%. I'd recommend doing your due diligence before posting an ad.

Good luck with the sale none the less.

Last edited:
So just another $0.02. 80's are strong performers and the HDJ variants should by all accounts perform equally well or stronger.

But being RHD does present a market constraint like it or not. There are plenty of arguments, debates etc., on this but the evidence supports it (at least here and on BaT). Looks like a lot of nice mods, but for that kinda coin, it should be popping my brain bucket with visual stimulation.

Your first pictures are with the truck in the shade ?? (you kinda missed the "golden hour") . Most folks will skip the novel and head to the pics first for that all important first impression.

I really dont understand why people are late or lazy to putting up a crap tonne of awesome pics from their smart phones - it's really easy, professional-ish (and ITS FREE!).

Good luck irregardlessly :beer:

So just another $0.02. 80's are strong performers and the HDJ variants should by all accounts perform equally well or stronger.

But being RHD does present a market constraint like it or not. There are plenty of arguments, debates etc., on this but the evidence supports it (at least here and on BaT). Looks like a lot of nice mods, but for that kinda coin, it should be popping my brain bucket with visual stimulation.

Your first pictures are with the truck in the shade ?? (you kinda missed the "golden hour") . Most folks will skip the novel and head to the pics first for that all important first impression.

I really dont understand why people are late or lazy to putting up a crap tonne of awesome pics from their smart phones - it's really easy, professional-ish (and ITS FREE!).

Good luck irregardlessly :beer:
I appreciate all of the feedback and great tips and pointers. Also, you know being honest I was lazy with pricing, pics, etc because I need to find more excuses to not sell it. I’ve fluctuated on price quite a bit, but I’ve decided that I would rather keep her. Definitely staying on mud, thanks everyone! Anyone in Utah wanting you hit some trails let me know. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom