Sad end to someone's FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amacfly

Threads
Caution and care are always the word, even when you're on a dead straight road.

This happened yesterday, on a straight and freshly graded dirt road in the Saline Valley area of Death Valley. No word on the cause of the accident. I don't know who's truck this was, the driver and passenger survived but sadly their dog was killed. It's a stark reminder that even in our solid and stable trucks, there are always things lying in wait in the dirt for the unwary.

20171228_132050.jpg

20171228_132125.jpg

Let that be a reality check to everyone...

Keep your head on a swivel, know your personal and vehicles limits, it happens in a blink of an eye...

RIP dog

Wow! Glad they made it out alive...

Woah.

Poor puppy. :cry:

Same here - several times a year on that road. Very sad to see.

Terrible, Rip doggo.

Going to buy a proper harness for our lab now.

Oops.

Sorry to hear about the dag though. Glad the folks made it OK, but that was a nice 80. I am not sure I could abstain from asking what the heck happened? Looks like a flat road to me, with built up shoulders. Did he fall asleep? That happens...

Going to buy a proper harness for our lab now.

I'm no expert, but I have this one in a sz L :

Impact Dog Car Harness

-It's easy to get on/off & frankly we all know the best harness is the one you use.

My boxer is ~70-75#'s & he's gotten used to it, if he wants rides he knows it's part of the deal.

HTH

So....somebody tell me how do you turn a Cruiser over on a flat, WIDE, freshly graded road.

I've been on some dirt/gravel roads (freshly graded) that tend to 'pull' you to one side or the other (loose deep dirt) but limiting my speed has always taken care of that.

So....somebody tell me how do you turn a Cruiser over on a flat, WIDE, freshly graded road.

I've been on some dirt/gravel roads (freshly graded) that tend to 'pull' you to one side or the other (loose deep dirt) but limiting my speed has always taken care of that.
Check your nutz? (maybe, hard to tell from pic)

Looks like the wheels are all on it, must have been speeding, started to slide around, over corrected and it just tipped because it's tall and heavy? Makes you wonder, but sometimes s*** just happens.

What are these nuts everyone is talking about?

Looks like the wheels are all on it, must have been speeding, started to slide around, over corrected and it just tipped because it's tall and heavy? Makes you wonder, but sometimes s*** just happens.

What are these nuts everyone is talking about?
They are the 4 on the PS (US spec) steering arm control nuts. Search here and you find what happens when they come loose and how to check and torque them.

That bumper looks vaguely familiar with the T-slots for a hi-lift.

That's a serious gut check to flop your rig right after Christmas, and esp to lose your "lil bud" in the process.

Here's hoping whoever this is, is uninjured & just dealing with the obvious issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom