Ryan's 4Runner Diesel Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha. Maybe I can get Nicole to film me driving down the road or something. Still no exhaust. I just can't make the tight bends needed to run it the way I want it. I have to make a hard bend of the down pipe, cross behind the t-case, and out over the rear spring. I am going to see about getting it to an exhaust shop this weekend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket S2 using IH8MUD for Android.

Just run a stack out of the hood, like the truck pulls and tractors.

Or I can run it straight into the intake and call it EGR. it would be just like a new truck.

Or I can run it straight into the intake and call it EGR. it would be just like a new truck.

would ya then have to run urea 2 ?:lol:

:clap: now that was impressive :D:lol:

at least we have proof that it`s -------- ALIVE!!!!!!!:)

Why? Was there ever any doubt?

Nice!

video made my smile when the turbo spooled :D

what kind of EGTs is it running?

Sounds sweet, did you get the exhaust tweaked where you wanted it?

EGT's are around 350 at a warm idle, 400-500 in town, highest in the interstate on a long steep hill was 960. I don't think that my 4Runner is much of a load for the engine and it winds out pretty fast in all of the gears without much fuel. I still hope to put an intercooler on it eventually. Our max temperature so far has only been 75, but with the way things are shaping up, it looks like we will be in for a very hot summer. I expect the EGT's to climb a lot when we get closer to the 100* mark outside.

No luck on the exhaust. I gave up trying to make it myself due to the amount of bending required. I just can't make those bends without damaging the pipe. I'm going to take it to a guy I know about an hour south of here. I just have to find a day when I'm not working and he's willing to. I should have taken it down Saturday, but Nicole and I went out to test ride some motorcycles.

Awesome.. ;D

I Like Diesel's...

Got some pick up to it, Pun intended. Check out the front end when he goes...:D

I like Diesel's with Turbo's even more.. :D

Thanks
Cody

It seems like a turbo its a must have on this engine for modern highway speeds.

Ok, I added the bomb proof engine and t-case mounts today and I'm regretting it a bit. Now, it feels like a riding mower and I can't here my turbo anymore over the rattling of everything on the truck. Also, I've never had so much trouble making engine mounts fit!

Another thing, the exhaust is done. It comes down from the turbo on the passenger side and crosses over under the bellhousing. Then, it stays high and tight all the way back to the exit right above the rear of the driver's rear leaf. I think I may have some clearance issues with the double shackles, but I won't know until I flex it a bit. It sounds great, there's no droning but plenty of turbo getting through.

I have the Tcase mounts installed, but never got around to the motor mounts. The Tcase mount has not made a noticable differnce to me.
Good news about the exhaust installed, just add the rear hanger to get rid of the double shackles.

I like the double shackles with the new shock setup. However, I need to do something about the lower shackles, they are leaning. My axle is off center. I need to weld in a brace and replace bushings.

I'm still at home, due to some meetings, etc. we had to take care of concerning our new house. Anyway, I took my extra time to finish the addition of the right hand drive to left hand drive power steering setup. It's so nice to finally have the power steering back. Although, I ended up having to make my own lines and I had to weld another power steering pulley to my crank pulley to make the spacing come out right.

I'll finally be leaving for GSMTR early tomorrow morning with a quick stop in Indiana to drop my daughter off at Grandma's.

Here's a couple of pics...

20120318_193909.jpg

20120318_193922.jpg

20120515_180553.jpg

20120515_180648.jpg

20120515_180636.jpg

20120515_193616.jpg

20120515_193626.jpg

20120515_193632.jpg

20120515_193638.jpg

Someone posted this video of me yesterday. Probably makes me look bad, but obviousely ^this^ power steering hose didn't last long and it had just rained. Everyone who's been there knows what rain brings to this place.

GSMTR 2012 Golden Mtn (15) - YouTube

raevenzero said:
Someone posted this video of me yesterday. Probably makes me look bad, but obviousely ^this^ power steering hose didn't last long and it had just rained. Everyone who's been there knows what rain brings to this place.

GSMTR 2012 Golden Mtn (15) - YouTube

Looked good to me bud and the diesel sounded great, mud and rock is hard to find traction maybe a little psi in the tires could have helped but you still navigated through I saw a few 80's with AT's having the same issues. You can see the powersteering struggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom