Rusty engine, rusty member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, yeah.... My 70 FJ40 has been in the shop since July (you know that whole shipping parts delay thing). The good news is new disc brakes, power steering, 4 speed, radiator, and exhaust is all done.
The bad news is in the test drive there was a loss in oil pressure. They discovered a buildup of rust in some spots of the cylinders. They can't find a machine shop confident enough to rebuild it. New engines are back-ordered through July.

I have serious FOMO of not being at meetings or on the trails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll put some pics here too, because, well pics!

Help save "The Hass" hahah.
(thanks in advance)

bHdM7ZsJRHCyog5w4J2cmw.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

I Know a guy who did my 1FZFE. and Has a 1F motor he's looking to sell.
So i think i'd feel comfortable having him do the 2F.
Osbourne Automotive, Machine & Balancing
Paul - 951-600-9331

Which shop has it now

Was it exposed to the elements? I've never seen an engine rust from the inside unless there was air or moisture getting into the crankcase.

How long has this been sitting?

How many miles in the 1fz??

I Know a guy who did my 1FZFE. and Has a 1F motor he's looking to sell.
So i think i'd feel comfortable having him do the 2F.
Osbourne Automotive, Machine & Balancing
Paul - 951-600-9331
Thanks, I'll give him a call!

Was it exposed to the elements? I've never seen an engine rust from the inside unless there was air or moisture getting into the crankcase.

How long has this been sitting?
I got it just under a year ago. it was in AZ some guy trying to fix it up. he had it for a few years and it was running when I got it. but it grew up in Colorado, don't know its history there

How many miles in the 1fz??
Not sure. Call S&S Advanced Auto Repair in Oceanside. They have an FJ62 sitting in their yard that they won't sell. Current owner had bought an engine to swap into it but changed his mind. Engine now for sale apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom