Rust on interior seat anchor - sweat it or forget it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team -

One of my interior seat anchor's for driver's side jump seat is fairly rusty compared to all other anchors.

What if anything do I do about this? I'm thinking getting an abrasive brush extension for my cordless drill, clean it up, and then brush some primer on? Am I overthinking it?

All I know is that rust = bad. So feels like I should do something, just not sure what...

Rust.jpg

I have one of these like that too and it’s so strange, there isn’t any other rust on the vehicle but that third row anchor has some accumulation. Haven’t don’t anything yet, very odd.

Where's the moisture coming from - under the carpet, the door sill? You should try to find the source.

So...4 years later I have classically put this off and the problem has predictably not fixed itself. It appears that the water is just 'wicking' up from the undercarriage and somehow rusting through. I now plan to wire brush, apply Corroseal or CorrosionX, and reinstall with a quick hit of waterproof silicone caulk. Should do the trick, but interested to know if anybody has a better idea or has a better solution for this issue?

Rust 1.jpg

Rust 2.jpg

Rust 3.jpg

Rust 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom